Re: Where did you get your name (Or aliases)?

God and i thought he was normal
Renax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Renax » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Well, My real name is Henrik Kjos Knivsberg (if you can spell it right you get a free coockie (or a Über :P))

But my Gamer-name is Renax. I made it up 6 or 7 years ago and used it ever since :)
Last edited by Renax on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ren, Just Ren!

3vil-GoOfy

Post by 3vil-GoOfy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 pm

I got my name when I first came up with the name "---Goofy---". I was 10-11 years old or something. I used it primarily in CS and a Danish chatting site called Arto.dk, which now is filled (still) with small prettyboy kids and too-young-to-wear-makeup-and-use-it-properly-girls AND pedophiles.

Once I played Warcraft III with my friends down the place you go when you're a kid in your spare time. I thought the theme of the game was very dark and 'evil', so then I changed my nickname to "Evil-Goofy".

After that I changed it to "3vil-GoOfy" to give it a more leet feel to it. Or maybe it was because it looked better?

Now that I'm older I think my nickname sucks so hard. This because I think a nickname should be something no one else has been called before and shouldn't be from a brand (Disney in my case). But now I'm stuck with it and I can't change it without people thinks it's bad (Jased) or wont know who I am with my new nickname. I also have to change my name on serial websites.

I've tried to change it many times but unsuccessfully. Here's is my attempts:

Angle-GoOfy (when I was younger)
JeWe (what I'm being called in real life by friends)
Robat (I use this name as in my clan in TFC to hide my original name. It's an combination of robot and bat)
Jepq (usually pronounced Jepp, short from my real name)
100rx ("hundrex")
Last edited by 3vil-GoOfy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joples
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Joples » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Well, my name is Joel Pereira and i kinda mixed my first and last name to something that sounded quite pleasant i.e. Joples :-D
Oh and
These are my shoes :D
Image Image Image
My spoon is too big.

Devvil

Post by Devvil » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 pm

3vil-GoOfy wrote: Now that I'm older I think my nickname sucks so hard. ...But now I'm stuck with it and I can't change it without people thinks it's bad or wont know who I am with my new nickname. I also have to change my name on serial websites.
Same here.
It came from my first e-mail account ever, was too lazy to write numbers on it, and now it´s a "supposed" typo

Tried to change it too , but it always gets to corny....

The D
D
AceInTheHole

I´ve been using this alias since the beginning of Wolfenstein: Enemy territory (6 years now)

Any ideas for a new one will be much appreciated... and "The_Annoying_Scout" , I believe it´s taken :P

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Was making my mage on WoW. Doom sounded cool for a mage, but it was already taken. After several attempts of picking an untaken name, the roxxor, absolutely overpowered Doomzor came out. Since the name was awesome, I used it in TF2 as well.

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Loud&Clear

Post by Loud&Clear » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:27 am

I had an alt caps nickname that i've used ever since 1998-ish, when alt caps was cool. In the online communities where i used that nickname, i still use it. For me, the alt caps will always be cool, no matter how much people tell me it's a long-lost tradition.

When i started playing CS and DoD i had many nicknames. First i used the alt caps one i mentioned, but i figured it wouldn't stand out from the kanji-using players, so i scraped it. First i tried KaKá, but it was too bland. Then i tried others, which i can't remember atm, and i didn't like them. Finally i remembered some cheesy lines from war movies, and thought LoudAndClear was cool. Then changed it to LoudN'Clear. Finally, i changed to Loud&Clear and i'm quite happy with the nickname.

I used it for a while in tf, and still do sometimes, but i like pissing people off too much. when so, Loud&Clear becomes too formal, so i've been changing my nick as i change "character". First it was Guy Who sings, then Man w/ a healthy fashion obcession, then The Greatest mind of it's time, mega ultra super genius, An elite warrior, Your average elite warrior, a tactical genius, the neverending crash, the king of all snipers, vladimir the great, that guy who stole your car and finally, for now, Cherlock Homes, in an attempt to make fun of those guys who think they know too much but end up making fools of themselves. Every other nickname has a story behind it too, but i don't think many of you will care, so i'll end it right here

Fester

Post by Fester » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:59 am

i stole mine from a small child

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:06 am

i couldnt spell taco back when i had a fetish over naming myself after foods and its stuck with me ever since
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:26 am

Someone else made my name, but I'm a lostie so i stuck with it. I will change my name every sunday during football season to reflect my fantasy team. I realize none of you know who they are, its just for karma. :-D

QuintusEques

Post by QuintusEques » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:15 am

I originally went by Goldeneye000 back when i played BF2, but after a while i realized how stupid that sounded. I decided i wanted something unique that didnt use numbers, and i thought that The Fifth Horseman sounded like a cool name. I dont remember what i tried to use it for, but it was taken, so i put it in latin, and i've been using it ever since. By the way, if you've ever wondered how to pronounce it, it's "kwintus ekwace".
"Quintus, I'm glad you're not on my team." -Del