Demoman Update!

God and i thought he was normal
BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Demoman Update!

Post by BBloke » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:28 pm

I know you'll read this if it has an interesting heading. Well I'm sure it's grab your attention but it's not what you are thinking.

There is nothing coming for the Demoman but I did have a ponder as to how they could update the demo. We know we generally get achievements but most are interested in unlockable weapons.

So far we have:

Pyro - backburner, fire axe, flare gun
Heavy - Natasha, sandvich, KGB
Scout - Force-A-Nature, Sandman, Bonk
Medic - Blutsauger, Kritzkreig, Ubersaw

Do you think all classes will benefit from new inventories?

Sadly, I doubt all will get something in the first round of updates. As daft as it may sound the soldier and demo are pretty solid from the off and any changes, in my opinion would really upset the balance.

Saying that thought they could always give the demo an upgrade on the sticky bomb and make it a set of 4 proximity mines. Removal only by a spy sapper or sufficient damage.

Any one else got any ideas? And yes I'm bored waiting for hometime!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: Demoman Update!

Post by Johnimus Prime » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm

BBloke wrote:
Saying that thought they could always give the demo an upgrade on the sticky bomb and make it a set of 4 proximity mines. Removal only by a spy sapper or sufficient damage.
Class idea. I love proximity mines in Goldeneye. Far better than SLAMS in HL2DM
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:53 pm

i wanna be able to fill a scout with stickies and send him away as a running bomb .. ALAH AKBAR !!!!!

HitmanTJ03

Post by HitmanTJ03 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Indeed, the proxy mines on goldeneye for the N64 (if im remembering it correctly) were good fun.

It doesn't compare though to timsplitters 2, i think, where on multiplayer with stupid bots, you coudl just throw timed mines and remote mines on them. The proxys were good for Defence as well when you were up against bots that had a chance.
The Game.
THIS ISN'T STRAWBERRY, IT'S RAWBERRY

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 pm

HitmanTJ03 wrote:Indeed, the proxy mines on goldeneye for the N64 (if im remembering it correctly) were good fun.

It doesn't compare though to timsplitters 2, i think, where on multiplayer with stupid bots, you coudl just throw timed mines and remote mines on them. The proxys were good for Defence as well when you were up against bots that had a chance.
Timesplitters, what an awesome game! Great sense of humour too, me and my mate played co-op on that game and completed it over a weekend.

Um I'd like to see solly get an extra 400hp, be able to fire 2 rockets at once in separate directions and...dig a trench using their spades? Hmm whatever it is, I can't wait for the soldier update!
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:44 am

TIMESPLITTERS!!!! I <3 that game! "Inner harmony is achieved through application of will." :-D By the way, if you are smart you can get the bots to do what you want.
As for the demoman update....of course he will get new weapons like everyone else...but I'm sure it will be with less crits or reduced damage.

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:14 am

proximity mines are a great idea, laser trip mines would be good too.

maybe fill the bottle with rum and go on a drunken rampage. Reduced damage for 5 seconds and blurred vision (no pain when drunk!) and then increased damage and slowed movement (75%)for 3 seconds (hangover!!)

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:18 am

I really like Aonn's idea of being able to attach stickies to the enemy team.
It would be fairly balanced as they could always run at you thus killing you int he explosion.
I dunno about proximity mines, as it would make it too easy in choke points, but I think the idea of mines in general is a good one.

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 am

YamNivek wrote:proximity mines are a great idea, laser trip mines would be good too.

maybe fill the bottle with rum and go on a drunken rampage. Reduced damage for 5 seconds and blurred vision (no pain when drunk!) and then increased damage and slowed movement (75%)for 3 seconds (hangover!!)
Nice, it seems you've put some thought in there. Bit similar to the scout drink though maybe?
LazyEagle wrote:I dunno about proximity mines, as it would make it too easy in choke points, but I think the idea of mines in general is a good one.
Isn't that the point of the demo's current 'stickies'? Or are (forgive my ignorance) proxmity mines set to go off when an enemy is near/steps on them?

(Hang on - enemy is near = is in the proximity. So Proximity mines = goes off when enemy is near! Forget I said anything...)
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:34 am

Exactly Jonny.

Mines that go off without the need to press a button would be a little too easy for the Demoman!