What consoles do you own?

God and i thought he was normal
-Spooky-

Re: What consoles do you own?

Post by -Spooky- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Agree @ console for beat em up / slasher / hack n slay coop stuff. i like the exterme sports on console too (tony hawk / skate n stuff). survival horror like resident evil suxx on pc, imo.

On the other side:
PC Games got a great n big community around other games and special modding / skinning / mapping / costumising / total conversation and whatever you want.. *lol* consoles will never ever reached that kind of big buisness. buy 1 game retail and got some other good mods free. :P
„Do you know, what they call you, when you’re out of the room? Gollum!“

Advent
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Advent » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Del wrote:xbox and ps3 can use any controllers too, just a matter of devs supporting them

ut3 allowed kbd/mouse, on ps3 they had to slow the gameplay down so real controller users wouldnt have an unfair advantage over the poor little gamepad users. hence one of the reasons they gave for no cross platform compatibility. slowed it by 20% or something I think vs the pc version

Advents right too, some of the best games will ever only be console games. If your gonna be a snooty PC only person, you are gonna miss out...and more and more as time marches on.
Consoles are more and more becoming the primary development focus, pc games end up being weak ports. MMO and RTS the exception, and even that is changing.
Piracy is always blamed, but so is all the differing hardware configurations

PC's are great cos they are so flexible, consoles are great cos they do what they are designed to do, let you play games trouble free. PC's are still antisocial, one nerd at his desk, playing solo, be it single or multiplayer. Consoles are totally at home under the tv in front of the sofa. Split screen gaming sucks balls, but you live with it if it's comfy and you can give yer opponent a dead arm for whuppin you. Ever try gaming on a sofa w/ kbd&mouse? it's doable, but it's not as comfy/easy as using a controller. rsi in the back of the hand, yow!

I've had a media centery pc thingy under my tv for longtime, w/ a front end to launch games, but only controller friendly games and q3/starcraft for speccing matches in comfort. anytime I want to play those type of games tho, up off the sofa and off to the desk.

PC's rock
Consoles rock
PC's suck
Consoles suck

why cant we just be happy with a log?
Thanks del, nailed it.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

MountieXXL
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by MountieXXL » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:24 am

I dunno, when I want to dick around or friends are over I play Wii/PS2, but for everthing else there is the PC. Thats what I don't like about the PS3 and X360, they try too hard to replace a PC but you're never really going to have much more a dumbded down version of one if you buy them for that. (besides if everyone switched to console then we would all play overpriced standard factory games and pay lots of $$ for a simple patch/update[aka "downloadable content"] oO)
I mean, it's all windy stairs. I'm not being funny.

Advent

Post by Advent » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm

PC games are still overpriced everywhere except via download.
And damn it i like having a box.

Toco

Post by Toco » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:29 am

i hear ya advent, its anywhere from 50-80 bucks for a pc game here in canada and i hate having to wait to play a new game while i download it, so much easier and faster to pop in a cd, not to mention instruction books are always nice to have for those games with the complecated control setup ie assassins creed
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

Advent

Post by Advent » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Not to mention the tactile pleasure of holding something you paid fifty quid for, and the ability to lend it to a friend.

Toco

Post by Toco » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:22 pm

and dont forget not having to redownload it should u uninstall it, disc failure ect
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

conga

Post by conga » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:47 pm

sega master system I
game boy I
play station I

Zed

Post by Zed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:16 am

then again...what happens if your CD breaks or gets really scratched, then you cant install it and ur fucked if you dont keep a backup.

MountieXXL

Post by MountieXXL » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:00 am

lol, cant believe you guys pay more for console games, in germany they usually cost 10€ more than PC games.
I mean, it's all windy stairs. I'm not being funny.