Names - How did you come up with yours?

God and i thought he was normal
Tanza
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Names - How did you come up with yours?

Post by Tanza » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Hi, my name in Tanza,

which is short for Tanzadog....

I used to have a Border Collie dog called Tanza.

I.e Tanza the dog...

ergo.

Tanzadog...

Shortened to Tanza ...

Real name Leighton... (Which means: A place where Leaks grow).

What's the story behind your name?

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Re: Names - How did you come up with yours?

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi, my name is dintbo(aka bosco).

My real name is Fintan. May years ago when Nokia phones started using T9 predictive text trying to type my name would give you dintbo. Turned out to be a handy internet name as nobody else uses it. Ever!!!

The puppet in my avatar is called bosco - because he lives in a box. (In case you care the Irish word for box is bosca.) If you are Irish and of a certain vintage you will know bosco very, very, very, well. Turns out when I started playing on festersplace there was, and still is, a lot of Irish people of that particular vintage so everyone here started calling me bosco. :jump: :jump: :jump:
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Fester » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Nice Idea Tanza and nice way to immortalize the dog! :)

Bosco just stuck! I was hammered when I spotted the avatar for the first time. I couldnt call you anything but :D

Hi I'm Fester, Aka- Fest
When I was about 16 I was about 18 stone, skin headed, pale as feck from the west of Ireland's lack of sun. I was giving one of the lads a bitta friendly abuse, think i called him Lurch or something like that and he called me Fester Adams. Stuck among my mates so just used it online too! Fest now is what most people call me.

FerociousGerman

Post by FerociousGerman » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:48 am

An immortalized dog, T9 typing errors, the Adams Family, dont know if i can top that of but here we go.

When i started gaming i didnt know what nickname to choose, so i just tried to think of a normal name that had a comical value and wasnt used a lot, the one i found was Gunther.
After a few years the great musician Gunther became hyped with hits such as: teeny weeny string bikini and the tralala song, and everybody started singing his song about how i touched their tralala to me on voice chat whenever i joined a random server. So i decided to go with a namechange to german (since gunther is a german name).
When we founded the TF2 clan Fakkelbrigade we all decided we needed a word describing us in our nickname, this took me quite a while to think of the right one.
But after a lot of joints and nature/animal documentaires i had an apifiny while watching a docu by Sir David Attenborough.
His pernounciation of the word Ferocious will always stick with me, there is just something in the way he says it i cant describe, that gives it a different sensation than when other people say it.
The Ze part i just added as a small joke towards german people trying to speak english.

And so, my final nickname was found: Ze Ferocious German.

Oh, and by the way, im not german, im dutch for those who didn't know.

My real name is Guido by the way, maybe subconsciously thats why i also wanted my gaming nickname to start with the letter G.
The name guido's meaning is debated, in germanic (wido) means wood, my GF is happy with that one. In italian it means guide.
A more modern meaning of the name in america means i dress myself as a douche and do my hair like a supersayan, i do not condone of this message.

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:08 pm

I like Transformers and my name is Bernard.
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:10 pm

dintbo(aka bosco) wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:17 pm
Hi, my name is dintbo(aka bosco).

My real name is Fintan. May years ago when Nokia phones started using T9 predictive text trying to type my name would give you dintbo. Turned out to be a handy internet name as nobody else uses it. Ever!!!

The puppet in my avatar is called bosco - because he lives in a box. (In case you care the Irish word for box is bosca.) If you are Irish and of a certain vintage you will know bosco very, very, very, well. Turns out when I started playing on festersplace there was, and still is, a lot of Irish people of that particular vintage so everyone here started calling me bosco. :jump: :jump: :jump:
We should all be calling you Bucky really... Or Kettle. (1st Fersterfest injokes)
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Johnimus Prime wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:10 pm

We should all be calling you Bucky really... Or Kettle. (1st Fersterfest injokes)
Will I ever live the kettle thing down. Probably not, nor should I!!
Nicely done Bbloke!!

BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by BBloke » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Well, I've been around too long and decided on BBloke to be generally obscure and anonymous. The first B is for Barnsley, my home town and Bloke cos I am one! (almost, quite nearly!). There was a time when having a long username was difficult so things just had to be short, hence BBloke.

Whereas now it's BarnsleyBloke!

My name is Chris. My real "sunday" name is Christopher which means "Christ Bearer"!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."