[REVIEW] BoFII vs :E 21-05-10

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

[REVIEW] BoFII vs :E 21-05-10

Post by Califax » Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 am

Here are the demo's i recorded through SourceTV.

http://rapidshare.com/files/390289341/t ... 210510.rar

Unzip them somewhere, open TF2, typ in console "demoui" and select the file you want to see.
Use space and right/left clicks to follow whoever you want.

All the tab-pressing to look at the scores, was me. Didnt know it would be recorded with the footage. My apoligies, bear with it...

If your a BoF-medic i suggest you look 1st person at Colony's medic, If your an engi, i suggest you look at their engi. Try to learn from them, cause they are one of the top new highlander teams.

Fester

Re: [REVIEW] BoFII vs :E 21-05-10

Post by Fester » Sat May 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Just to mention guys it was a damned good game and a educational experience. these guys came from a server with no crits and proper resapwn times so they are well used to the team style of playing. we come from a insta spawn server and used to running into battle alone, die then respawn do it all over again.

the need to stay alive in 9v9 is very apparent and it was something they did well. also to note they never pushed in alone always pulled back to regroup. it was some fine playing by CC and a touch unlucky for Bof2 on a couple of occasions.

other things to note was there pyro/spy team were working hand in hand something that valve have been trying to get people to do. while a spy seems like a unlightly companion for the pyro it really does work very well.

it was very rare that any of their team was alone. they always travelled in groups this wasnt so much the case for BoF II but again tis all learning experience

there heavy carried the sandvich which is also worth noting and used it when medic was busy helping others but when heavy was eating sandvich the rest of the team gathered round to help him with protection. medic was always aware of the need for the solly to jump and healed the solly on near every rocket jump. at the start on pl_badwater the medic ubered both demo and solly so they could jump them went back to heavy to clear the spawn door of b0F players

i could go on all day to be fair to them i was well impressed with there team play and feel none of the BoF teams would have been prepared enough to beat them.

from just listening to our lads chatting on mumble for a few minutes it was easy to hear their despair even heard the odd "this is depressing" and i wouldnt put yourselves down lads they were pro style players. a decent effort from BoF II in my books

Much has been learned

Califax

Post by Califax » Sat May 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Things to learn when comparing BoF playstyle with Colony's.

-Medic-
Pocket someone and let people come to you, dont go running after them if they decide to run to the battle field. And constantly look behind you as if your a mental person... The way he moved suggests he were's out a mousepad every month...

-Heavy-
ALWAYS have your sandvich, and use it in all posible ways. Throw it to your medic when he needs it. Throw it in front of yourself when you need it when retreating, Throw it on the floor at round start up as a dynamic med-kit. (bluebread style)

-Engi-
Teleporter is priority one when defending. Get your troops to the front. Love Sausage and i (on mumble when watching) were very surprised BoF did not have an entrance ready when defence on badwater began.

-Sniper-
Priority target for :E sniper was Ice. He only really targeted others the 15 seconds Ice was down, or did not have access to Ice. But he was the most laggy of them all, ping was up to 300 sometimes. Other thing he did really well, was jarataing people when his team was pushing.
Last edited by Califax on Sat May 22, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Califax

Post by Califax » Sat May 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Fester wrote: there heavy carried the sandvich which is also worth noting and used it when medic was busy helping others but when heavy was eating sandvich the rest of the team gathered round to help him with protection.
Fester, follow the heavy for the entire round! Only saw him ate his sandvich twice. He used it very well by throwing it...

Fester

Post by Fester » Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

aye but both times he used his sandvich it was good timing and executed very well. i would have gone for shotty over sandvich on heavy but after watching their style sandvich makes more since. i just love shotties on this kinda style with no spread off. their heavy was not only a killing machine for them but a mobile health pack like you have said.

Bowzie

Post by Bowzie » Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 pm

downloading now,will be an interesting watch id say.you can view it from all angles am i right?

Califax

Post by Califax » Sat May 22, 2010 12:59 pm

No, you see the flight-path i made when viewing, but thats not recorded well... Its not in the position it was when i was viewing.

Love Sausage

Post by Love Sausage » Sat May 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Another thing worth noting was that their spy usually went for the engy before anything else, once the engy is down the equipment is obviously vulnerable and usually goes down. Once or twice he even killed the engy and died himself, the tradeoff obviously being in E:'s favour.

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Sat May 22, 2010 2:15 pm

the few times ive been at practice ive noticed how vunrable the engi is to spys without having crits, a person really has to listen to the small things in the background or suffer the dreaded face or side stab

on a side note is there any chance of getting the enemy engi footage converted to video so i can get a look at it?
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Sat May 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Hmm, seems like you lads had a proper hard time. We're in for some of it ourselves tomorrow and I'd like Califax to watch+record it too
Great job, BBloke!