friends , your opinion here is importent , plz take the time

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Anubis

friends , your opinion here is importent , plz take the time

Post by Anubis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi :)

yesterday we did a pratice , not one planed just cause we had enough people and wanted to have a go of it .

it cleared to me a few things .
i wish to share and hear what u think , cause after all this is a team effort :greentoke:

we should decide what is our goal in participating .

as i saw it , the goal was to represent fester's with the most skilled team players we have (and we have tons ! ) , to show a community that plays for fun and contains skilled , crazy happy awsome people , which can become a fearsome group that can offer a fair fight and win .
thats how i saw it and thats the reason i joined :) .
would love to hear your reasons :-D

as i see it , some BoF2 players should b play in BoF , creating a team of the 14 best o fest we have in their rolls .
i think "old" players here that meet in battle for hours over hours here knowing eachother almost by heart (as players) should vote for rolls on BoF while in practice the 5 specs of BoF can forcen BoF2 if needed .

Cali , u are doing an awsome work here , enormous energy and doing , i have only compliments , still i think the vote should b taken without hearting any of your awsome work in order to truely let us the option of the most powerful team as BoF .

i think in practice we should also decide on tactic , moving as a team or 2 teams and so on.
what we do after capturing a point , helping engy , when pyro stay to help the engy and when he is with heavy or other attacing force and so on ...

again - your opinios friends ?

thanks for taking the time :greentoke:

LazyEagle

Re: friends , your opinion here is importent , plz take the time

Post by LazyEagle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

I know I'm not a part of either of these teams, but if you are playing seriously, it seems to me like you need a General of some kind.

Someone who will advise on tactics and make substitutions to the team if necessary.

Perhaps your league "buddy" could take up this position, because they would probably be the most experienced in this sort of thing.

indivisible
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by indivisible » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:47 pm

LazyEagle wrote:I know I'm not a part of either of these teams, but if you are playing seriously, it seems to me like you need a General of some kind.

Someone who will advise on tactics and make substitutions to the team if necessary.

Perhaps your league "buddy" could take up this position, because they would probably be the most experienced in this sort of thing.
Yeah Lazy, I think that's the premise behind the position.
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I thought it was a community highlander league and all is fair in love, war and laughs. Didn't think it was something to take too too seriously but something we can enjoy playing with no real overall outcome or goal. More like "you win some you lose some!". Hence the very well balanced teams, BoF and BoF2. Otherwise one would be stack in great favour to win and there could well be a bit more "can't we have him on our side?!".
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Sir Psycho Sexy

Post by Sir Psycho Sexy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 pm

I think that both teams have all the makings of being two very competitive teams, I rekon once we get someone like abomination or leroy envolved in our practices as coaches then we'll see great improvement. :)
Happy to be here.

Califax

Post by Califax » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

and anuby, i think it's most important to have people who are really enthousiastic. besides the 28 people in the 2 teams, there were not much more people who applied on the forum.

but (cause im reading this on my cellphone) im just hoping i didnt misunderstood your first post.

Califax

Post by Califax » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:02 pm

ok, read your first post again, will respond tomorrow when i can get behind a keyboard

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm only in this for the lolz. If we turn out to be good and beat a few teams all the better.

I weighed in before and suggested that the people who are in it to win it could be on the same team so that they all have the same priorities and nobody gets pissed off at having someone on their team who they don't consider to be taking it seriously enough or pulling their weight to go the whole way and then gets blamed if they don't win a match or if the play is poor. I don;t want issues to arise between people or someone to ragequit from Festers over something as trivial as a few organised matches.

But if everyone is more laid back about this as I hoped they'd be then there's no issue and we can keep things the way they are so both teams have an equal chance and every one get their lolz.

</$0.02>

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Female opinion: I think Califax has done a super job #1. I do agree with Bbloke as well. I don't think it should turn into a skill competition saying one is better than the other. BUT I DO agree with Anubis in the fact that some people are going to work better together because they know how each other plays. If they were all together things would be smoother. For instance, if Anubis is heavy, I'm sure he would have his preference on a medic. Not that one is better than the other, more like "I know this medic and how he plays with me". BUT, that might be your pic for medic, but your soldier and demo might want a different medic. That's where I think things could have gone very wrong. I think if we all made our own teams everyone would have different preferences.
This is a learning experience for us, and will help us grow as a community. If someone isn't doing well on your team, or not flowing smoothly-it's your job to help them or even offer to switch roles with that person until you find what works. I know I am listed as back-up engie/demo/pyro. I said I would play any class to fill in because I just wanted to be able to participate, being American and all. But I am sure you know I'm a crappy engie, demo is hard for me with a higher ping in competitive, and I'm just not the same pyro w/o my backburner. I'm sure I play other classes better, but I think the point was to try something new. Highlander is new. Competition is new to most. Your team might feel new to you. Hopefully you will learn something new-maybe even a whole new play style. Besides, I hear you can't switch teams once you are registered. I had thought of trying to make an American team so we can represent without bringing you all down with our pings. I was told once you are registered with a team you cannot switch.
:power:

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Bravo, bravo!
A very commendable 2nd paragraph there.