Team balance

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Team balance

Post by Fester » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:30 am

Medic is really the most important class. a team is nothing without a smart medic :) for the other classes maybe we could use a duel map 1v1 but for medic i have no idea how.

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Under no circumstances should we have a medic without a mic, and will use it. The best medics are the ones who communicate.

Also, eventhough I do love the OP little bastard, the solly should probably avoid using the equalizer, if we're going to use the solly/medic combo.

Right I'm getting ahead of myself now. In the unlikely event we can get everyone who has signed up already together at the same time (I know pretty unlikely) we could just start by playing a few highlander matches. We have 18 on Cal's last update. Get used to no all talk, standard respawn etc. Maybe who should play what class might start to become clear(er) after a few matches like that.
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:25 pm

let a the medics follow advent or me into a battle with slim chances and see who from the medics last (if any) ? ;-)

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 pm

dintbo(aka bosco) wrote:Under no circumstances should we have a medic without a mic, and will use it. The best medics are the ones who communicate.
I think in these settings a medic should be even much more then that. In a normal public server a medic should be a good buddy and an extra set of eyes to a solly/heavy, so indeed good communication is a must.

But in a compo like this, where it is all about moving and thinking like a team, the MEDIC is the heart of the strategy. An uber is a force that should be cherished and looked after, cause a well placed uber could be the livesaver, or extra push it takes to tip the scale.

But above all that, the medic needs to be skilled enough to survive, and keeping (all) his teammates in good condition.

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Anubis wrote:let a the medics follow advent or me into a battle with slim chances and see who from the medics last (if any) ? ;-)
Medic was my past-life on the server i was on before festers. Been playing more different classes on Festers, so maybe havent shown you guys enough what kind of medic i am, so Anubis:

I'll take that challenge... :)

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

a spies and scouts only job is to hunt medics in this style of game so it really does make the game more about keep the medic alive than capping points :lol:

but am i after reading its 12 players to a team?? i thought 14 registered players but need 9 main players one of each class?? with some back up players for the no shows on the night? if its 12 players makes it a whole new ball game

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Highlander mode is 1 of each class per team, so 9 players per team. So 5 backups.

I know that before Valve's highlander mode, there were servers who used, created and controlled there own highlander gameplay with a plugin. I understand that on those servers, 24 people (max) would join in spectator, 2 "captains" were appointed (one on each team) and they take turns picking players for each class. So there are usually 5-6 people who don't get picked and have to spectate and then the admin resets the level when the teams are made.

But we'll have to try to see how the Valve Highlander mode works...

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Cali , i started here as a medic, i think its the best class to observe during game on your team players and learn as on the enemies (beside being helpful as a noobie) ;-)
i learned on my "body" the "retreat forword" method of advent ;-)

my "test was on the joke side ;-) , but u are allways welcome going medic for advent , i think u'll understand much better what i say :)

i think team should decide on which weapons should b used , for all rolls in all slots , some maps benefit crited medic more than uber , buffed solly than his gun or boots and so on ...

btw , i can play in main and backup (whatever needed) , i think there are more than 9 players on this server better skilled than me .
as a team player - thats for others to testify ;-)

d0n_th3_run_4ss4ss1n

Post by d0n_th3_run_4ss4ss1n » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Anubis wrote:...
btw , i can play in main and backup (whatever needed) , i think there are more than 9 players on this server better skilled than me .
as a team player - thats for others to testify ;-)
as far as i got it in the beginnin our intention is to have fun and represent the festers place spirit - otherwise i wouldn´t have signed up myself here. i know that there´s a really big difference between playin on festers and playin competition and that we might take the game itself a bit more serious to have any chance to survive. but in my eyes we/you shouldn´t take a step back from signin up for main team if you are up to it just becos there may be/are better players.

we just might have to find a good balance for the team consistin of really good players and ppl that just wanna play - or 1 team with the best players and 1 with the guys that just wanna take part, like myself. (cos i still think we can get 2 teams on, fes ;)).

i´m looking forward to some comments on this cos otherwise - as i already said - i wouldn´t like to stand in anyone´s way to victory knowing that my own skills ain´t that pro.

-----------------------------------------------

...mama told me not to cum...

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:19 pm

ah i think yer all taking this a bit serious myself. my understanding is that we have some fun while doing i just didnt want everyone signing up just to get the medal ;) prefer people to want to play as part of a team rather than just playing to get a medal...

the idea is to have a laugh i would really have liked to have seen some of our older regs sign up and we get a plus 30 team going :lol: