Fester 2nd server taking up dust ?

All questions will get our full attention
vonklinkerhoffen

Fester 2nd server taking up dust ?

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello,

I was discussing yesterday with Krikke how frustrating the server hopping thing is, certainly as you like to play a ctf map and after 10 minutes its changing to cp_dustblow or cp_gravelshit .
We agreed that we think of Jased's kickass server , after the 2fort period, which was running ctf_chaos, ctf_snofort, ctf_mach4 , ctf_turbine mainly.
We really miss such ctf only server.
An idead might to get the 2nd server filled to have something like Jased's server again ?
Its a matter of taste, I just love CTF maps .

Maybe there are other people as well liking this idea ?
Just wanna have fun :)

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Fester 2nd server taking up dust ?

Post by Fester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:11 pm

2nd server is only 14 slot over flow to be honest Klink we cant be in 2 places at once.. also the Regs want to stay together and play together if the second server goes ctf 24/7 we may be splitting our group...

As it stands its standard rotation unless there is more than 6 on it.

Let the people have there say.... Ctf 24/7 folks ?

Fester

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm for sticking with the variations of maps. That way I won't get too upsetting when I get completed arse kicked and there's always a map change to prevent total boredom or frustration setting in.
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

vonklinkerhoffen

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Of course,of course .

and fyi : I was not talking about 1 map 24/7 but ctf 24/7 (Bbloke)

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

I'd still be with a variation of game styles rather than 24/7 ctf. All maps are a challenge. Even the stalemate ones. :)
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Fester

Post by Fester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:49 pm

At the minute Fester's Place is running 6 Ctf maps 5 cp maps 2 Pl maps avanti (ctf ish) and canalzone (cp ish)

So with the numbers here we have more ctf than cp maps.. it would be nice to have both servers full all the time but we just don't have the time or resource to have 2 full servers. we seem to be able to keep better control on things and Jase ;) the way things are at the min but who knows what will happen in the future.....

we could go 24/7 ctf maps on the server but where will we find the right people to fill the server we are a rare bread of people that play at Fester's we are here for the fun and good times and to spend time playing with people we know and want to laugh at.

Committing to a 24/7 ctf server means trying to find another 200ish people like us to play on it.... maybe these people are out there but lets wait and see if we can find em first...

Fester

P.S. the 200ish required to have a server full is about right as the same 32 people are not going to be on every day all day

Advent

Post by Advent » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:38 pm

I am in favour of the 24/7 ctf, bit too much quick map changing to get comfy. That being said i'm not going anywhere and still have loads of fun as it is.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

Del

Post by Del » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm

God bless the innocence and optimism.

Whether the server is running 24/7 ctf maps, cp maps, a happy mixture or just one map, you are still gonna get the rtv contingent "aww, not this map" and you are still gonna get the admins, whether drunk, drunk with power or just trying to keep the masses happy, that change maps within 5 mins of a map being loaded. Overcome those problems and you have a happy, consistent server. The map timelimit is set the same on all the maps ...30 minutes. Whether the server is running cp or ctf is not going to make a difference to how long a map is running for.
rtv percentage is set soooo much higher than normal servers (60% IIRC) to stop these random map changes, peeps gotta be fairly peeved with a map for it to be changed. If it happens a lot (like every time it's loaded) shout and it'll be removed from rotation.

If Fester's Place was to accommodate everyones wishes, there would be a dozen different servers, each with 2-3 ppl on them. - crits, nocrits, fast respawn, normal, 24/7 2fort, stock maps, custom maps, achievements, alltalk, notalk etc etc and variants thereof...

-Spooky-

Post by -Spooky- » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Maybe we can set fix days for ctf or other stuff. I like the game, i will play all. Lovly or hater maps :D The folks are great and it´s always fun to play with it. The map take no role for me.

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm with you on this one spooky. True some maps are better than others but fuck it, 30 mins isn't that long and you'll probably spend a good bit of that time laughing at jased anyway :greentoke:
Nicely done Bbloke!!