Where's it all gone?

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Where's it all gone?

Post by Exterminatus » Sat May 16, 2009 9:37 am

I've noticed that for whatever reason (probbably L4D servers not showing on L4D main menu) it's getting frustratingly harder to get even a measely survival going. This is really cutting into my zombie killing action. This has nothing to do with the big update since it's (obviously) not out yet, and it's been like this for weeks. Sure I could always play with some randoms, but it's nowhere near as fun as playing with the Fester's Place crew.
Come on guys, let's pop some zombie heads, eh?
Great job, BBloke!

Advent
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Where's it all gone?

Post by Advent » Sat May 16, 2009 1:13 pm

We could have said the same for TF2, it went through a period where there were very few regulars on the server. Coming up to updates TF2 does get busier, and in general that's where the good times are being had.
Server is super busy and that's brilliant, any day of the week you can go on an have a good game.

Still love L4D though, i'll come pop heads with you later man.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm

i tried playing it without knowing actually what im doing in the "free time " they allowed :)

at least as i see it - not even close to TF2 ... :twisted:

and after flying arround yesterday like a heavycopter , luaghing my pents off , NOTHING gets even close to TF2 ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(maybe Gmod have an option ... but... :) )

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Sat May 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Yeh it's been well good the last couple of times I've been on, midweek with a full server :D
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

Exterminatus

Post by Exterminatus » Sun May 17, 2009 12:21 am

Advent wrote:Still love L4D though, i'll come pop heads with you later man.
Even after saying this you have the nerve of starting your game and not even ASKING me. I swear advent, you, Fester, BBloke and everyone else in that game is on my "to get revenge on" list. But you especially. You don't know when, you don't know how, but it's gonna happen.
Repeatedly.
Great job, BBloke!

Advent

Post by Advent » Sun May 17, 2009 1:41 am

I offered the olive branch of peace, my own slot on the server, when you messaged me.
But you refused, scorned my gesture of reconcilliation, spat upon everything i hold dear.

Very well then, if it's a war you want, tiny little spy man, a war you shall have.

At least until one of us gets bored and forgets about it.

Exterminatus

Post by Exterminatus » Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 am

Advent wrote:I offered the olive branch of peace, my own slot on the server, when you messaged me.
But you refused, scorned my gesture of reconcilliation, spat upon everything i hold dear.

Very well then, if it's a war you want, tiny little spy man, a war you shall have.

I was already in a game. I try not to make a habit of leaving L4D games midway through the map. Also, I'll prolly forget about it tomrrow, just really irritable right now.
Great job, BBloke!

Advent

Post by Advent » Sun May 17, 2009 2:29 am

Exterminatus wrote:
Advent wrote:I offered the olive branch of peace, my own slot on the server, when you messaged me.

I was already in a game. I try not to make a habit of leaving L4D games midway through the map. Also, I'll prolly forget about it tomrrow, just really irritable right now.
Good for you, i hate when people leave mid game. It's hard enough to get a bloody round started.

Fester

Post by Fester » Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm

i replaced Algo in that game i joined midway in the game and was i not only picked on be the infected but i was also picked on by my own team.... i would worry about missing games with these people Exterm there bad folk...

but tis all true what Advent said.. with the update of TF2 coming it brings people back to the game.. and i am sure when L4D gets another update it will bring people back to it.. People are like sheep they follow the crowd :P

ScrappyD2o

Post by ScrappyD2o » Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 pm

And appearantly, the L4D SDK beta has been released, so it might be a good idea to keep eyes open for good custom maps as well. I know there was a mall map in the make even before the SDK came out that looked damn sweet. I'm sure there's more to come.