Left 4 Dead 2

BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by BBloke » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Wasn't there the remake of one of the "Day of the Dead" films in the mall which was pretty much all daytime?!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 am

Jonnywhy wrote:Thinking about it and watching the trailers, I just don't find it as good at day, no where near as engrossing or scary or atmospheric, whereas just about every zombie film ever (except shaun of the dead and deadset) have most of their scenes at night when everything is 10x as scary. Sure, the game will probably be good but it won't be as thrilling as the original. Imho
It all depends. For once Valve might think to obscure our vision with bright light instead of shadows. It also makes more sense. I mean, not only is finding weapons during a zombie apocalypse bloody impossible, but weapons with FLASHLIGHTS already attached?
I'm looking forward to L4D2, but looks like I'm gonna need to save up (expecting 50 euro launch price tag).
Great job, BBloke!

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 am

28 days later was set in the day, and those zombies are of the same breed as L4D (an infected virus rather than undead).

Night and day isnt what freaks me out in the game. Its the speed at which they come at you. You can go from a calm position moving through an office block to chaos and panic, surrounded by infected within seconds. Just because theres daylight doesnt make them any slower or less intimidating.

If I had to choose I know exactly what film I'd rather be in and I'd choose the slow shuffeling undead over the fast running infected anyday!

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 am

YamNivek wrote:Night and day isnt what freaks me out in the game. Its the speed at which they come at you. You can go from a calm position moving through an office block to chaos and panic, surrounded by infected within seconds. Just because theres daylight doesnt make them any slower or less intimidating.
I've always liked that about L4D, it keeps you on your toes. One moment you're walking around in perfect silence: "Oh, hey guys, lets call the elevator so we can re- OH GOD!"
Everythign turning upside down within seconds, yet taking its time and slowly torturing you as you desperately fight back. KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES!

Also, just because it's daylight doesn't mean there won't be darkness. There's prolly gonna be a few tunnels or houses with next to no light and (I'm guessing) no flashlights, so we'll be completely blind.
Great job, BBloke!

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 am

As its set in the south of america i reckon theres going to be a swamp section (I think I may have read about it, cant remember). Swamps with tall reeds, water slowing you down and then all of a sudden a swarm of splashing, growling infected. Chuck in a ton of HDR/Bloom and watch as your vision is obscured by the low hanging sun as you flail about in the water!!

FullMetal_old
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by FullMetal_old » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:05 pm

That's why I liked that 'Dawn of the Dead' remake, they were fast and was a good fun moovie ^^
I hope they make it cheapish rather than the typical £29.99 seeing as it's something you could just do with DLC. :-D