RIP jased10s

Our thoughts and memories of jased10s
JJzer0
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: RIP jased10s

Post by JJzer0 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi Guys, I'm shocked to hear this and at the same time can remember the laughs we had whilst playing TF2. I had noticed Jase's activity on Steam come to a halt and I can't remember off the top of my head when that was, as like me he was playing different games. I never thought for one minute that he may of passed away, although thinking about some of the chats we had, I could say I thought at times he was sailing close to the wind!

The amount of times he used to spend money on Gifting everyone on the TF2 server wherever he was. I'm sure it shocked many people but he made it infectious too and then many of us all starting gifting. Those times bring a smile to my face aswell as the hilarious conversations we had. He was sort of the perfect entertainer for an online community and I enjoyed it moreso when he was playing too, as I'm sure others did.

Edited Post as have learnt what i was asking. I find it quite upsetting and wish I had made more effort to keep in touch with Jase, yes I did notice the odd issue of angst/agro, but then occasionally the next day he would be confused as to why there was some upset and wanted things to settle. - Perhaps he just didn't or couldn't deal with any issues as they happened and tried to mend bridges when he was fresh the next day - I'm not sure. That's the Jase I prefer to remember the happy, funny and on the ball person before it got too late into the evening, although that still could be very entertaining. Talking about entertaining, he could do that really well with often getting the server started early evening and by 8.30pm or so it would be full.

HeavyTheHobbit

Post by HeavyTheHobbit » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 am

I am devasted.

When I was on the server today and someone said it would be nice if he was here, I didn't know.
Some of my best memories growing up were from playing on the old 2fort server and jased was a frequent participant.
I'm glad to say I got to be friends with him.

Putte

Post by Putte » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:14 pm

It feels like most of the memories I got from the old days have been muddled in time, but some of the strong ones is from Jase... Many good memories. Never thought i'd never hear from him again. Where ever he is now, I hope he's having a good time.

CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by CAMBO » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 am

A few of us have discussed the idea of having an evening to celebrate Jase, and now we have the opportunity to do so, thanks to Fester getting the server up and running again.
And of course BBLOKE has sorted it out and added lots of new maps.
What does everyone think and feel about us having a crazy night in his honour?

JJzer0

Post by JJzer0 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Cambo,

Sorry for the Mega late reply, as I forgot to check back here. With Covid being one thing and doing a couple of stints in hospital it's been easy to lose focus.

Perhaps (unless something has been done or already agreed) we could do something next year when hopefully things are back to normal, unless of course people have more time to do something now - I'm not sure? I'd like to do something and perhaps allow a reasonable amount of notice so people know its going to be over a few dates, or a weekend etc. It would allow people to call by when it's easiest for them, but I'm up for something like that, particularly with notice and I think it's a nice thing and perhaps the right thing to do. I know many will have differing thoughts but I'd like to think that most of us are becoming old gits (58 now - jeez) and perhaps a litte more mellow and if there were issues at the time, then hopefully they can easily be put to one side now and be forgotten about.

All the best to those I know at FestersPlace - stay safe guys.

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Hola JJ, good to hear from you.
Hope everything ok with you re the hospital.

But get yourself on the server on Friday nights - many of the old players (old lol) are still around.
We play from 8.30pm ish UK time every Friday.
And i can tell you it's only good times.
Lets explore the idea further as well and maybe a weekend is the way to go.
Although i reckon during the colder months while Covid is around is probably the best option anyway.

And other than girls have big lips and funny eyebrows ( thankfully not here in Spain ) not much has changed in the last 10 years.

JJzer0

Post by JJzer0 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi Cambo,
I'll take a look at the Festers server at some point. I haven't played TF2 for ages, literally years and haven't played any game recently due to being in hospital and recovering at home. I know some of the guys on the server knew I was unwell anyway with Severe RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) which i've had since I was 25. But these latest stays in hospital have been down to something different - a nasty bout of Cellulitis. It's been several weeks now since it all started and whilst I've had a load of IV antibiotics it's taking it's time to heal up. I'll be glad to get back to some sort of normal, if there is such a thing these days!

PS, as for the woman you mention, what's all this focus on huge hips/thighs these days? Luckily I don't do social media, but for those who do and those who are impressionable, what's fashionionable must be a navigtional minefield. ( PPS - I'm not being negative towards different body looks btw).

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 pm

JJ, just pop on and spec if you want to.

And do you remember we used to chat about RA? My mum had it very bad and i took her to the hospital every week.

I think the big hips thing is maybe just normalising the fact that many girls are that way, but then of course you have the extreme ones too with plastic surgery and all.

And you know i work online and social media is part of my job so i reckon i have quite a healthy take on it.
In reality it just gives you much easier access to people - so you are going to get much more good, and much more bad.
I just ignore the bellends and enjoy the good folk.

FullMetal

Post by FullMetal » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:30 am

Hi all,

I've been doing a late night 'down the rabbit hole' browse through my friends list to think of the old days. I spent a fair bit of time trying to find Jased and when I did find his profile my heart sunk; I saw the comments and hoped this forum was still going. After spending the last half an hour reading through the comments and old posts on this forum, I'm just sobbing here.

I know I wasn't looked upon fondly most of the time in this community and truth is, I had severe abuse problems when I started up TF2. As some of you may know (mostly because of my graceful high-pitch voice), I was 12 years old when I joined the old 2fort server in 2007. I'm now 26 and STILL fondly remember my times spent on the game and with this community. The reason I mention my childhood is because the obvious escape for someone with lots of time and no money was to only play video games. TF2 ultimately changed everything for me. Those days I treasure and when things were rough, I knew I had somewhere I could turn to. Putting on the headphones and screeching like a banshee was balm to my soul. I'd never met such a welcoming, hilarious group of characters online - and I'd been playing lots of MMOs at that time.

Jased was one of the only people I knew that didn't care I was a kid and it was one of the reasons I would come onto the server. When I wasn't seeing my dad (divorced parents), Jased was a strange father figure to me. It didn't matter that he would be drunkenly shouting at others because of one simple reason; he would ask how I was doing. The seemingly banal, day-to-day questions of "how's school going?" or "how're you?" meant the world to me because it wasn't something I was receiving in my outside life. My day would get brighter seeing 'jased10s has joined the server." because I knew I'd be laughing my head off within a few minutes.

Unfortunately, I soured most of my relationships with people on this server through my inappropriate and foul behaviour. Let it be known though that for a kid with numerous problems, this was where I had some of my role models. A simple questioning of my stupid behaviour stuck with me years down the line and while it took a long time, I finally grew up.

Jased was one of those rare people you meet in life that to me, wasn't really all that judgemental. Sure the banter was there but I felt like he was still a welcoming soul that imparted bits of positivity on others. I spent hours just sat in a server when it would be the two of us, chatting and pissing around in game. Just recounting it now makes me realise how much he impacted me as a person, it's like a floodgate of memories has just burst open. As someone that is retrospective and nostalgic for specifically those times, no matter how dark they were, I think it highlights just how much I adored all of you and mostly Jased.

I'll stop wittering on now, but memories of Jased with probably be popping up a lot for me now. RIP.

Regards,

FullMetal (now DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus on steam - that's right, hit the character limit)

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:25 am

FullMetal wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:30 am
Hi all,

I've been doing a late night 'down the rabbit hole' browse through my friends list to think of the old days. I spent a fair bit of time trying to find Jased and when I did find his profile my heart sunk; I saw the comments and hoped this forum was still going. After spending the last half an hour reading through the comments and old posts on this forum, I'm just sobbing here.

I know I wasn't looked upon fondly most of the time in this community and truth is, I had severe abuse problems when I started up TF2. As some of you may know (mostly because of my graceful high-pitch voice), I was 12 years old when I joined the old 2fort server in 2007. I'm now 26 and STILL fondly remember my times spent on the game and with this community. The reason I mention my childhood is because the obvious escape for someone with lots of time and no money was to only play video games. TF2 ultimately changed everything for me. Those days I treasure and when things were rough, I knew I had somewhere I could turn to. Putting on the headphones and screeching like a banshee was balm to my soul. I'd never met such a welcoming, hilarious group of characters online - and I'd been playing lots of MMOs at that time.

Jased was one of the only people I knew that didn't care I was a kid and it was one of the reasons I would come onto the server. When I wasn't seeing my dad (divorced parents), Jased was a strange father figure to me. It didn't matter that he would be drunkenly shouting at others because of one simple reason; he would ask how I was doing. The seemingly banal, day-to-day questions of "how's school going?" or "how're you?" meant the world to me because it wasn't something I was receiving in my outside life. My day would get brighter seeing 'jased10s has joined the server." because I knew I'd be laughing my head off within a few minutes.

Unfortunately, I soured most of my relationships with people on this server through my inappropriate and foul behaviour. Let it be known though that for a kid with numerous problems, this was where I had some of my role models. A simple questioning of my stupid behaviour stuck with me years down the line and while it took a long time, I finally grew up.

Jased was one of those rare people you meet in life that to me, wasn't really all that judgemental. Sure the banter was there but I felt like he was still a welcoming soul that imparted bits of positivity on others. I spent hours just sat in a server when it would be the two of us, chatting and pissing around in game. Just recounting it now makes me realise how much he impacted me as a person, it's like a floodgate of memories has just burst open. As someone that is retrospective and nostalgic for specifically those times, no matter how dark they were, I think it highlights just how much I adored all of you and mostly Jased.

I'll stop wittering on now, but memories of Jased with probably be popping up a lot for me now. RIP.

Regards,

FullMetal (now DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus on steam - that's right, hit the character limit)
Added you on Steam!
I remember you quite well, but only that you were kinda manic and never especially rude.
Most of us didn't take anything too seriously that was said on the server.
Anyway you seem to be on the right path now.
Hope you get on for our Friday night game as well.
I sometimes wonder if Jased had realised his impact on people, would the outcome have been different.
Your story mirrors so many others but remember, he was part of the magic of Festers - a huge part i know but not all of it.
Anyway i'm sure many others will have taken something from reading your words.
Hopefully we will get to kill each other soon :gun: