Raspberry Pi

God and i thought he was normal
Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Raspberry Pi

Post by Fester » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 am

I see the Rasberry 2.0 is capable of running windows 10... not sure if a good or bad!

I have been looking to use one for home automation and low power NAS storage. such a handy little machine. I was also going to go and stick XMBC on it, still might as a second htpc as it can pull TV from MediaPortal TV service. I would use it as a main HTPC altogether only my Sat dvb-s is PCI....

Fancy home automation it is!! Feed the doggies in the morning and let them into their run, fire on the media centre for some music while getting ready, have the heat come on for a quick boost in the morning and then remotely controlled for those unexpected cool evenings. Life is meant to be easy :D

Votick

Post by Votick » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:00 pm

The throughput performance isn't very good if your planning on connecting up a USB Hardrive to it.
As all 4 ports and the Ethernet are controlled by the SoC.
Also they don't provide the same amount of power as a typical USB port.

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Your spot on there Votick!

But ile for plenty other applications :)

Votick

Post by Votick » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55 am

Indeed.

Interesting stuff in the works but that's all I can say :)

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:14 pm

I've just picked up a hifiberry digi+ card to power SPDIF output to the hifi. Works like a charm. I also got a different case to house it in. An easy to slot together black affair. nice and sleek. OSMC is running well although it's a model B+ rather than the snappier B+ 2 (which I have on a different TV).

I'm still very impressed :)
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Fester

Post by Fester » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Link's!!

Been looking at micro pc options. Still stuck between wanting to run Mediaportal (upgrade to mediaprotal 2) or rebuild on Kodi (server) and Rasberry PI the tv's... Toys! I want them all and can't afford to finish current projects

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:16 pm

I'd go with Kodi. Here are some links to my stuff.

I have the following RPi B+ with Hifiberry Digi+

RPi by Vilros start kit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vilros-Raspberr ... rds=vilros" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (had to list their Pi 2 version but it's the same stuff).

HifiBerry Digi+: https://www.hifiberry.com/product/hifib ... d-version/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Case: https://www.hifiberry.com/product/hifib ... igi-black/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wifi USB: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(much better than the USB micro dongle)

Keyboard: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remote: Image
(no longer available)

It's hard wired to the net rather than the USB wireless as it's on the main TV. Installed some addons in so I can watch sports etc. It's pretty damn slick.

I would prefer my RPi2 on the main TV it's a lot snappier but it'll do the job for now.

I'm off mediaportal altogether now it was very good whilst it lasted but kodi ala OSMC is all you need unless MP is better for live tv.

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Kodi can/does use Mediaportal for tv service so its not a complete loss but my 4tb of tv shows... this is whats holding me where I am. While 80% of the names are correct I would still have to spend a few days getting the last few to be picked by Kodi. So many hours put into Mediaportal, seems a shame to through it all away :P

A few years ago it was limited for the Media setup's... too many options these days... I want it all!!

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:42 am

I had a few that failed importing. It's quite easy to sort it out. Just get on themoviedb.org and search for the film. Complete the title as it is listed and include the year too.

So you would have:

The Thing (1982)
The Thing (2011)

If you had both movies. Otherwise you'll end up with two listed as The Thing (1982) as it's the first movie of released. The program will do the rest.

Fester

Post by Fester » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Ah sam as the tvdb.org.

I just like a good moan I could make the effort and re do my collection. Winter months project I feel :D