Steam Dear steam WTF... (reason why i got steam acc lock...)

God and i thought he was normal
Tazic
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Steam Dear steam WTF... (reason why i got steam acc lock...)

Post by Tazic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:02 am

About my previous Steam account and why it got banned...
LONG READ
1 Message by you on Mon, 21st Nov 2011 3:32 pm
i've been away on holiday like 2 months now, i come home and my brother said to me that he saw me online on steam while i was away, i told him i was not, as i was in spain with no possible way to use the network.
i tries to log on steam i get the message that this account is suspended from steam support.
i then get a link following me here,
i read around a bit and find out that the only way it can have been suspended is because of a charge back from my credit card.
i've logged on my bank company seen i havent spent any money on steam from before i left.
i remember i had around 84 games on steam before i left.
i went on steamcommunity.com to find me account and i find it with 100 games?

my brother said i've been buying games like mad like i havent as i wasent even able to.

i had a phone call with my bank asking them if there was anything taken from my card but they said no.

so my question is then how and why? is the account suspended?

last time i bought anything from steam was with my visa card ending in 1638
but that was long time ago
its the only credit card i own at the moment and i don`t really see a reason to get more than 1.
so i have no idea what im going to do now... tried to log on several times to see if it was just an error.

i realy don`t want to make a totaly new steam account as i have way to many games on this account.
2 Message by Support Tech Billy on Tue, 22nd Nov 2011 3:56 pm
Hello Sven,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The purchase of Alpha Protocol, Orcs Must Die! Preorder, and multiple Wallet Credits with Visa ending in 3499 has been disputed. Your account has been locked due to the payment dispute.

To unlock your account, you will need to contact your bank and have the bank withdraw the chargeback, cancel the dispute and return the funds to Steam for this purchase.

As soon as the chargeback dispute is settled your account, and the disputed game, will automatically be reactivated.

If your bank is unable to withdraw the chargeback, we will need them to fax an affidavit that clearly states that they are unable to withdraw the chargeback and more importantly that the chargeback was not due to the credit card being used fraudulently.

Please have them fax it to 425-952-2788 Attn: Fraud Department.

Make sure that your bank has included the phone number for their dispute department so that we can verify the statement with them. Please reference this ticket number, 1343-EYFK-9480 , on your cover letter.

As soon as we can confirm this information with your bank, we will review the situation so we can make an exception and reactivate the account even though the chargeback is still pending.

We understand that this is an inconvenience, but we hope that you understand the logic of our actions. We appreciate your patience with this issue.
3 Message by you on Tue, 22nd Nov 2011 4:05 pm
well thanks for that useless info... as my credit card don`t ends in 3499
4 Message by Support Tech George on Fri, 25th Nov 2011 3:54 pm
Hello,

The credit card you used on your account between October 7th - October 31st does end in 3499, and the charges have been disputed.

To unlock your account, you will need to contact your bank and have the bank withdraw the chargebacks.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
5 Message by you on Sat, 26th Nov 2011 6:58 am
ok i've tried to say this a few times now ...

i got hacked on 1 day i was away on holiday i came back to an account i didnt even knew was touched before my brother told me i was online.

i log on to see if he had done anything and i didnt see anything he could have done i thougth it was just something he made up,
and then on that day i get the message that my account got suspended...

My credit card ends in 1638
the credit card info you show me that i somehow have used i have no idea who is.
3499? i have no idea who that person even is.

all i ask for is if you could be super kind and transfer that bill over to 1638,
or 1638 as the numbers say on my credit card.

i only have 1 credit card and i have no use to get another 1 at all...

i just want my account back i don`t care what the cost is, if you could just send the bill to that credit card instead of
whoever that has the xxxxxxxxxxxx3499 card..

if you can¨t do that well then you can delete that accout as i will never be able to get it back :( curse that god damn hacker
6 Message by Support Tech George on Mon, 28th Nov 2011 1:14 pm
Hello Sven,

This Steam account has not been compromised in any way.

The purchase IPs for these transactions matches the IP you have contacted us from. This means you or someone in your household completed these purchases.

Due to the fact that the bank has declared the charge fraudulent, we have no way of determining if subsequent payments are valid or if they will also prove to be fraudulent. While this may not be the case in your situation, we need confirmation from the bank that the original chargeback was withdrawn to protect us from liability for perpetrating credit card fraud.
all i can say is WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO?????
Last edited by Tazic on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

black_feather
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: Steam Dear steam WTF... (reason why i got steam acc lock

Post by black_feather » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 am

does anyone in your house have a card that ends in those numbers?

and you've put your whole credit card number in the post ;)

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:13 am

point 1 remove your credit card number from this post.
point 2 does you brother have a card ending in 3499? So if the IP's are the same wouldn't that mean someone has logged into your PC while you were on holiday. How safe is your Internet Connection from Wireless Roaming peoples?

Sorry I can't be much help.

Tazic

Post by Tazic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 am

im on Highschool so its not my brother but someone on the school but i have no clue .. tried asking but there will be impossible to get the 1 who did it ...

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 am

So you use a School PC to log into Steam?

Diggers

Post by Diggers » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:22 am

I don't know for certain, but if you'd be willing to pay off the disputed charges, they might give you the account back?

That assumes you'd be willing to pay for games you mightn't want
BBloke is credit to Fester's team!
http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561198005020805

Thanatosgratus

Post by Thanatosgratus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 am

Will steam provide you with the details of the card holder for 3499 (name).

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 am

Tazic, I would not use the school PC's for gaming.

MuG

Post by MuG » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:11 am

Explain that you use college network and try and get steam to produce a name associated with the card to locate the offendor. Might be able to get them for theft and fuck em out of it at least.

Lame response from steam really. And the response from support saying "the account has not been compromised. How fuckin lame.

From what i gathered he logs into steam from his computer but on the school network.

Hope you get it sorted dude. Best of luck. :Spy:

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 am

Aye best of luck Tazic.