BT Balls up

God and i thought he was normal
BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

BT Balls up

Post by BBloke » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Well.. it's just not my day for getting things done.

I've found out our works internet was down. No biggy we have a backup solution. Which was also down.

It wouldn't have been so bad but I just config the whole of another site to use our internet via proxy so they were down (whilst their own and very flaky internet was still working).

What Joy.... after setting up a cascade proxy I get things back.

Turns out BT has major issue nationwide. I'm not sure if this will spill over to other ADSL providers/leases but thought those on cable should have the chance to have a little snigger!!!!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

JJzer0
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: BT Balls up

Post by JJzer0 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 pm

BBloke wrote:Well.. it's just not my day for getting things done.

I've found out our works internet was down. No biggy we have a backup solution. Which was also down.

It wouldn't have been so bad but I just config the whole of another site to use our internet via proxy so they were down (whilst their own and very flaky internet was still working).

What Joy.... after setting up a cascade proxy I get things back.

Turns out BT has major issue nationwide. I'm not sure if this will spill over to other ADSL providers/leases but thought those on cable should have the chance to have a little snigger!!!!
Major power outage at BT site. I'm with IDnet which uses the BT 21CN systems, but I wasn't affected, luckily as i think I'm probably too far south. Believe Wales, Midlands & london were affected.