The power of water

God and i thought he was normal
DHARMA AGENT
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: The power of water

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 am

LOL luckily I won't need the swimmies! There was less rain than expected over the weekend, and the waters are already receding. Edgewood only got minor water in low lying areas Fes. We got really lucky on this one. They never even had to open all the gates on the dam.

Llama@bad

Post by Llama@bad » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:16 pm

i really hope the damn can hold the water even when its flowing over the top and all the gates are opened. Would be bad if it would collapse.
"I'd like to congradulate Llama on having the longest ever post (LEP) at Fester's Place. And second longest. And third longest. And fourth longest! Long live the king of anti-spam!" by Jonnywhy

__fell

Post by __fell » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:34 pm

nice positive thinking there llama :P

Fester

Post by Fester » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Edgewood is pretty low in comparison to you all right i had expected it might have flooded there a little. Glad the expected rain fall didnt happen!!

MuG

Post by MuG » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Dangerous for those living on the edge! :Cheese:

Sorry for the terrible pun. glad to see things are looking less dangerous dharma, keep safe and get down that camping store and grab a rubber dinghy just in case. :)

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 am

@ Llama, funny you should say that, there is some old guy on youtube saying it's already badly damaged from hurrican Agnes.

I've been in a Dinghy. Twice. Sank both times. :fcuk:

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm

DHARMA AGENT wrote:@ Llama, funny you should say that, there is some old guy on youtube saying it's already badly damaged from hurrican Agnes.

Was it inflated when you got in it? You have to make sure it's suitable blewn up!!

" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

dreamachine

Post by dreamachine » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

BBloke wrote:
DHARMA AGENT wrote:@ Llama, funny you should say that, there is some old guy on youtube saying it's already badly damaged from hurrican Agnes.

Was it inflated when you got in it? You have to make sure it's suitable blewn up!!

fixed that for ya bbloke ;)
Fantasy Football: 147479-37758

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 pm

lmao. It was inflated, but my theory is too many people are drawn to it, therefore there are more opportunities for idiots on your boat. I might invest in a kayak.
The first boat was bad operators. They didn't understand that when paddling in a dinghy, to turn you put the oar on the opposite side. I tried to captain, but as usual no one listens to me. So we were essentially neutralizing each other-trying to turn on opposite sides of the boat, until the mutiny.
The second, was me not recognizing a dumb-ass. I had to get into the thing in the first place, because he got the big boat stuck. This dinghy had a motor. All 10-12 of us fit. We went down the second he cranked the motor. I was next to a girl, who told all of us several times before we left shore that she was terrified. This was the second time she has ever been on a boat, and she cannot swim. There were life jackets, but only enough for a few. Somehow, this girl didn't have one, and she is now clinging to me for her life. Others go into immediate and total survival mode and cling to their life vests and even use the people next to them as floatation devices. The person on my other side was one of those people. So to my right this guy is pushing me into the water, and to the left is this girl who's dragging me under. Except the water was standing height. Don't sit next to dumb-asses in a dinghy.

MuG

Post by MuG » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm

DHARMA AGENT wrote:Except the water was standing height. Don't sit next to dumb-asses in a dinghy.
LMAO! Great story :)