bitch aboot scout update here

God and i thought he was normal
Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: bitch aboot scout update here

Post by Toco » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:39 am

next to the spys knife i have the most melee kills out of any class over the past like 28 days or so i think im holding my own lol
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

vonklinkerhoffen

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Toco, get those row of irritating smileys out of your sig plz. Disturbing as hell. ;)

Thanks

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:05 pm

lol not gonna happen, feel the spam embrace the spam and then cuss me out for it all as i laugh
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 pm

I have made a video file of the sentrytest.dem file I mentioned earlier, for those players who don't have dm_duel_v1 (don't forget that I was crouching on the Engi's head):

Sidestabbing didn't work either, from neither side, which perhaps could be due to the sidestab range reduction thing that Mo0nD0ggie explained in his latest video:

Egypt Mini Commentary

On the other hand he sees the positive side of the Scout update, I like that...

infidel

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:46 pm

That looks purrrfectly fine to me. Wot seems to be the problem? :lol:

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

AngryWolf wrote:I have made a video file of the sentrytest.dem file I mentioned earlier, for those players who don't have dm_duel_v1 (don't forget that I was crouching on the Engi's head):

Sidestabbing didn't work either, from neither side, which perhaps could be due to the sidestab range reduction thing that Mo0nD0ggie explained in his latest video:

Egypt Mini Commentary

On the other hand he sees the positive side of the Scout update, I like that...
surely, as the backstab is an instant kill, they should only allow it to happen when you are behind the target?
I don't get this video Wolfie, before the update, did it work when you were on top and to the side of the Engi?
If so, then FUCK ALL SPIES for the last year!
Damned punks getting easy backstabs that weren't even in the back!

AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:02 pm

I was trying to do something like in this tutorial video at 3:00. But with the difference that I was rather exactly above the bot than being able to get a little more behind him... Anyway, that Engi just can't be backstabbed which is so annoying!

I'm not sure LazyEagle, I thought it was working before, but now I'm not sure.
Last edited by AngryWolf on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by BBloke » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Yep, before the update you could stand at the side of a sniper and backstab him... I haven't tried it yet but I think if you try that now.. you are as good as nailed.

Valve could have had it wrong in the past and all those backstabbed snipers in 2fort are gonna be pissing themselves or they'll change it back so the spy can be a thorn in the snipers side.

Although, I'm with the thought that they've dumbed it down in preference to give you something more in the class update when it arrives.
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 pm

BBloke wrote:Yep, before the update you could stand at the side of a sniper and backstab him... I haven't tried it yet but I think if you try that now.. you are as good as nailed.

Valve could have had it wrong in the past and all those backstabbed snipers in 2fort are gonna be pissing themselves or they'll change it back so the spy can be a thorn in the snipers side.

Although, I'm with the thought that they've dumbed it down in preference to give you something more in the class update when it arrives.
Yeah, they'll probably get some poisonous blow dart which acts like the Bonk, leaving you wide open to be buggered!
Actually that would be pretty great for a spy! the only thing worse than being backstabbed would be being drugged and then knowing you were definitely going to be backstabbed!!!!!!

AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah BBloke, sometimes Snipers are kinda 'leaning' on the wall, there is almost or absolutely no space to get behind them! That's where I previously tried to sidestab them... Now Spies can't stop Snipers effectively from all those annoying killing sprees they do all the time!