New MySpace?

Share your cool and dodgy links with your friends
CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

New MySpace?

Post by CAMBO » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Has anyone signed up for the new MYSPACE?

Been having a little play and it comes across as a bit YouTubish with Facebook elements.

Do we need another social network?
Maybe not, but for music lovers i think it has some merit.

Anyway if anyone want to connect with me im here
https://new.myspace.com/cam.ferris.1

Toco

Re: New MySpace?

Post by Toco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

i didnt even know there was a new myspace
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

MuG

Post by MuG » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:06 am

Whosespace?

But honestly sounds kinda defunct, Soundcloud does music stuff. Do they still own the rights to anything you upload on there?

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Not heard of Soundcloud but after playing with Myspace for a week i have to say they have done an amazing job with it.

And the content for rare tracks and vids is brilliant.

Interface is pretty good too and for anyone into anything creative it opens up lots of opportunities.
In less than a week ive been asked to do a poster for a rap band in LA and have a couple more jobs about to be agreed, which is something i had no expectations for.

Ive also been able to chat directly with a number of groups and artists who were glad people were getting into it, which again has surprised me.

Clearly its early days but any people who are negative about it should see for themselves if it has any value for them.

It reminds me of how many people quized me for getting into Google+ for business and yet the clients of mine that got onboard with that service would definately now endorse it.

It can be difficult to juggle it all especially with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter but they are all useful in their own way.

Of course you are always going to get some morons on all of them who have nothing to say or share but still put it on us, but you can just ignore them.

__fell
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by __fell » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

so how does it differ from the old one? you are able to upload your music, edit your profile, network with others?

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 pm

sorry fell

i never saw the old one.

you can edit your profile - ish
not uploaded any music myself - too busy viewing others / will look at that though and come back to you

re networking - you have inbound and outbound connections, so you can connect to someone without them connecting to you and vice versa.

of course you can also block or make private or be subject to being accepted to someones connections.

__fell
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by __fell » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm

not to worry cambo, was just curious. would be interesting what the benefits to using it over soundcloud would be from a musicians point of view.. soundcloud you can upload music and link to it (and quite a nice feature where you can comment at specific points in a track) and also the track can be embedded in something else like facebook.. i guess the difference would be having more of a centralised profile.