America finally catching up

Share your cool and dodgy links with your friends
Llama@bad

Re: America finally catching up

Post by Llama@bad » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 am

Toco, it doesnt matter what happend to you, of course things that happend to you affect your life and how you think of it.
But how MJ said: Keep the Faith. There are many many many people on Festersplace who got problems in life or had major disruptive events in their life, but they keep the faith and stay positive because they hope for a better life. And since they believe in it, their life is actually more happy and they can handle what happend to them or what is happening to them in the moment better than if they were looking on it with a grim perspective.
"I'd like to congradulate Llama on having the longest ever post (LEP) at Fester's Place. And second longest. And third longest. And fourth longest! Long live the king of anti-spam!" by Jonnywhy

Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Califax » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 am

Am i the only one that is baffled why everyone is suddenly on Toco's case? Did i miss anything?

CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by CAMBO » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 am

I didnt mean for this to turn into a 'have a go at Toco' segment.

I was just trying to emphasise a wider philosophical viewpoint.

There is nobody more than me who knows how it feels to suffer this kind of loss and as Fester points out,
you are within your rights to be still coming to terms with what happened.

But i did have a bit of a giggle that Avenging was handing out pep talks.
This just shows how easy it is to take a view on somebody else's situation.

As far as bad shit happening - i dont think anyone has the monopoly on that.

The fact that all of your problems haven't beaten you yet does show a level of resilience in my eyes and that was the purpose of my original comments.

Toco

Post by Toco » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:26 am

CAMBO wrote:
The fact that all of your problems haven't beaten you yet does show a level of resilience in my eyes and that was the purpose of my original comments.
oh they have beaten me, im just too much of a coward to take the easy way out, that and why waste a perfectly good bullet or length of rope when nature will do it for me in a few years anyways
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

My apologies Toco, next time I'll PM what i've said, this is a gaming community after all.

Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Califax » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:51 am

I just randomly bumped into this... Really powerfull.

You Tube Direct Link

(I post this here as a reply to the OP, not the posts previous to this one.)

S.COREA

Post by S.COREA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 am

dreamachine wrote:i know elton john got 'married' to his boyfriend, but it was more of a blessing-type-thing than a full on wedding
SIR Elton John!

S.COREA

Post by S.COREA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

My thing is, marriage itself is more of a legal thing than anything. You aren't stopping gay couples, you are only stopping them from making it official. In places where gay marriage is outlawed, you still see them making "lifepartner commitments" or whatever you want to call it. And this is just the logical argument.

Theres the whole "who are you to tell people how to live their lives" thing. It's like telling couples they can't have a dog, or you can't wear green (which is ridiculous, bc I look FABULOUS in green.)

S.COREA

Post by S.COREA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 am

Oh, and for the record, Gay marriage is still a HUGE controversy in the states. Don't jump to the conclusion that we are enlightened beyond this. Its legal in a SMALL percentage of states.

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:54 am

the real issue for these people in such a situation wherever they are is that they are deprived of the rights that other couples take for granted.

so if you have 2 gays who are commited and in a long term relationship ( which marriage doesnt guarantee anyway ) and then 1 of them dies, falls ill, loses a job etc - then they dont get the benefits a legally married couple would.

so they are discriminated against for their ( i dont want to call it a sexual preference as that implies choice ) orientation,
which is contary to to their human rights within the EU.

so for other people to say they dont believe gays should get married,
they are making through their own predjudices it harder for gays to be commited to each other.