design shite instead of valve

Share your cool and dodgy links with your friends
oldmeme

Re: design shite instead of valve

Post by oldmeme » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 am

Chairman_Meow wrote: And maybe a Budenovka for the Heavy?
http://www.rus-sell.com/image_id22591w0 ... nnovka.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This.
I would avoid study time just to learn how to make this and a pair of badass sunglasses for the Heavy for misc. slot.

Doishy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Doishy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:09 am

Pogue Mahone wrote:Pirate hat Demoman, good idea considering he already has the eye patch.
Nice work smoke ;) Loving that Heavy picture looks a lot like Clint Eastwood :lol:

Just thought: Pyro + Pirate hat = Pyrote Hat?

With a name like that its got to be done. And eyepatch as misc item so demo can wear two eyepatches :)
Lazyness is a virtue, so be plurals.

oldmeme

Post by oldmeme » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 am

Oh, wait, it's been done... ;-;

MountieXXL
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by MountieXXL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 am

Flynnstone wrote:
Sir Psycho Sexy wrote:smoke what programs are you using? ive always wanted to have a go at making models and skins myself :D

While the stuff smoke def is using is probably the best it comes at a price. The open source program blender (http://www.blender.org) can export files in formats valve likes (havent tried it myself). I was looking at a page on valves wiki about exporting models properly. I'll have a look and see if i can find them. It can't be beaten on price :mrgreen:

A word of warning though blenders initial learning curve is fairly steep because its interface is so far from normal. But at least it doesnt cost anything so you can dip your feet in and see if you like 3d modeling without having to pay an arm and a leg or being forced to risk cracks that probably have trojans.
I've been using Blender for quite a while now, mostly just do dick around but it is one sweet 3D modelling prog... imagine something that can compete with 3DStudiosMax, except you can run the program itself(without rendering) on a 233mhz PII, or 400Mhz Celeron no prob, plus the whole thing is <15MB, how sweet is that! Despite the small size you have tons of different options and a decent physics engine included for indie game devs.. Now I know it may be hard to get into, but seriously.. Its all a matter of taste, I find 3DS or Worldcraft a bit hard to get into because I'm used to "blendering".. so I can imagine it's something like that the other way around.
I mean, it's all windy stairs. I'm not being funny.

BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by BBloke » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Here's a little news page for you SmokeDef.

http://www.festersplace.com/web/article-1263645807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Flynnstone

Post by Flynnstone » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 pm

MountieXXL wrote:except you can run the program itself(without rendering) on a 233mhz PII, or 400Mhz Celeron no prob, plus the whole thing is <15MB, how sweet is that! Despite the small size you have tons of different options and a decent physics engine included for indie game devs.. Now I know it may be hard to get into, but seriously.. Its all a matter of taste, I find 3DS or Worldcraft a bit hard to get into because I'm used to "blendering".. so I can imagine it's something like that the other way around.
:HJ:
I had it running on my 1st gen eee just before christmas to make a quick video sequence for work colleague. Now that I've been messing around with it for a while if find the interface really easy to use, it's just that it's like with gimp, your normal reaction of 'that button is in this menu' doesn't really work initially. (im having the same problem with the 2.5 alpha) I love the way its all done in opengl so it looks exactly the same in windows and linux.....Now if only I could produce stuff as good as the stuff that comes up on blendernation :-D
I'll shut up now and stop being off topic :mrgreen:
Who's this Bloke guy?

SmokeDef

Post by SmokeDef » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I present you

Fester's Place Community Service Medal

Advent

Post by Advent » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:53 pm

I want one...

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

Sir Psycho Sexy

Post by Sir Psycho Sexy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm

The Gent's Porker?? The Gentlemanne's Porkpie?? Agent de Pie???

The hat I based it off. My drawing doesn't really do it justice.

The Infuriator? Le Chapeau de not sucking?? A Bad Idea for a Hat, and an even worse name for one????

JIGGLE BONES!
Last edited by Sir Psycho Sexy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to be here.

Dance Commander

Post by Dance Commander » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 pm

nice job on the medals, i want one! be cool to have!

i'd like to see a sombrero, and beards, more beards couldnt hurt anyone! you could have all sorts of styles! jesters hat is also cool coz it could dangle

and poop hat lol
Ask me random stuff anonymously.... http://formspring.me/roomiccube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;