The Dogs are Coming.

Share your cool and dodgy links with your friends
Thanatosgratus

Re: The Dogs are Coming.

Post by Thanatosgratus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:43 am

Next Update released http://guarddog.50webs.com/update_02.html
Still suss on the "Dogs" but CTF Aerospace and CTF Convoy( Unreal map) maps get official release

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 am

BBloke wrote:Ooooo Nice thought Than... but don't tell Toco.... he'll never be happy and bitch til the cows come home about how nerfed the engy is since the spy update.. yadda yadda yawn.... Can you imagine it!! LOL
engis arnt nerfed spys are OP now and yes i shall bitch till they do something to give engis a hope in hell, its bad enough spys can 1, sap both parts of a tele, 2, have a cloak that basicly makes them invincible for what 5 second or is it 8 i cant remeber, 3 they can still out sap an engi trying to repair his shit (teles for example)4, although this has never really bothered me much as it does make sence and thats spys using an engis tele.

shall i countinue my rant or are u sorry u brought this up yet bbloke?
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

Thanatosgratus

Post by Thanatosgratus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:42 am

Toco will be right back ranting after he relieves his bladder for the umpteenth time today :-D

Toco

Post by Toco » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:11 am

so what if i get into gaming at times so much so that i forget to piss for some 6 hours

Doomzor
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Doomzor » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:22 pm

This would be insanely COOL

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Toco wrote:
BBloke wrote:Ooooo Nice thought Than... but don't tell Toco.... he'll never be happy and bitch til the cows come home about how nerfed the engy is since the spy update.. yadda yadda yawn.... Can you imagine it!! LOL
engis arnt nerfed spys are OP now and yes i shall bitch till they do something to give engis a hope in hell, its bad enough spys can 1, sap both parts of a tele, 2, have a cloak that basicly makes them invincible for what 5 second or is it 8 i cant remeber, 3 they can still out sap an engi trying to repair his shit (teles for example)4, although this has never really bothered me much as it does make sence and thats spys using an engis tele.

shall i countinue my rant or are u sorry u brought this up yet bbloke?
That's like saying Sniper's OP cause as Heavy I can't even see the sun light without getting a BOOM HEADSHOT.

Just call Dragoon over the mic and you'll be alright against spies :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toco

Post by Toco » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

yes but the sniper isnt getting updates every other patch that directly effect one specific class now is he?

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 am

Well ok true you're right, they're just showing some love to the spy

Loud&Clear

Post by Loud&Clear » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:15 pm

so you're telling me spies are OP because if they sap one tele, both tele's get sapped. I've discussed this ingame already but i guess no-one cared to listen (i don't blame them :P)

You see, sapping both sides of the teleporter is problematic for the spy. Why? Because if you dodge everything and make it to the enemy team's spawn (usually where the entrance is) and sap the tele, the engie which usually builds the exit in his sentry nest can just whack away at the exit and both teles get unsapped, meaning the spy has to spam sappers while the engie keeps repairing.

The problem is, it's a 32-player server with insta-spawn. There's no way a spy can spam the tele entrance without someone spawning and chasing you away.

So what do i do to at least destroy the tele entrance? I sap the entrance and shoot it. You'll repair the exit but the entrance gets destroyed. And instead of the spy simply placing the sapper on the entrance and move on with his life, he has to stay there for a couple of precious seconds. Unless you have the dead ringer, destroying the tele becomes an unrewarding suicide mission most of the time. This double-sap just helps engies even more, as they don't have to move away from their nest to unsap the entrance, which would give the spy the perfect oportunity to sap the unnatended sentry nest.

Using an engie's teleporter hardly comes with benefits and a good pyro like flynnstone can take care of DR spies in short time. I should know... that bastard keeps showing up EVERYWHERE i'm going. In front of me. Bumping against me. Spychecking me. Always me, even though there are 5 thousand other spies right behind him.

Bastard.

Flynnstone

Post by Flynnstone » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Loud&Clear wrote:
Using an engie's teleporter hardly comes with benefits and a good pyro like flynnstone can take care of DR spies in short time. I should know... that bastard keeps showing up EVERYWHERE i'm going.
Bastard.

:mrgreen: Playing the heavy a lot just makes burning (and bouncing) spies so much more fun :mrgreen:
Who's this Bloke guy?