Borderlands

Share your cool and dodgy links with your friends
Elliott
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Borderlands

Post by Elliott » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Devvil wrote:Did you do the 2nd playtrough tru the end ? Because after you do all enemies will be lvl 50\51 raping you....

Also seen the Quick Look on GiantBomb of Mad Moxxi´s arena looks more interesting than it seems

view here:http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-mad ... t/17-1803/
Yep. Even bought the Zombie Island of Doctor Ned and found it hugely disappointing.

"Oh hey cool look zombies!.............and now I'm bored of them."

Not to mention that Lilith's Phoenix skills is so goddamn OP for Dr.Ned's zombie island, kill one enemy, then run into everyone else.

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:33 pm

El you can get to lvl 50, then the new content set to come out sometime next year will allow +2 more skill points. I would love more skill points, but they would need to add more skills. If everyone could max out all of the skills there would be no rpg element. Everyone would be the same.

FullMetal_old

Post by FullMetal_old » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:38 pm

I haven't played it in a few weeks properly. Only around 30 mins go's cause it's pretty boring me because of 1 small quest that I can't find the item for but it's right next to me on the bar thingy at the bottom of the screen.

Devvil

Post by Devvil » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 am

Check for moneybags on your Hud navigatiotion display(on the bottom) ,they tell you the exact location of the items, whether ammo , money or anything else

dreamachine

Post by dreamachine » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:18 am

Sniper Rifle
revolver
submachine gun
machine gun
shotgun

i think im missing 1, but it'll be on the wikia site somewhere
Fantasy Football: 147479-37758

Crimson Edge

Post by Crimson Edge » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 am

Been playing Borderlands for a few days now, I still cant decide what to play as though, but from the little ive seen the game is fairly fun... too bad you cant get into a damn co-op game as it constantly times out even with the ports being open.

I've been watching Gearboxes forum go into meltdown due to the lastest DRM ridden patch fairly funny to watch.

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am

finally we can start storing our favourite weapons http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Bank still no word on the pc release unfortunately :cry:
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

Devvil

Post by Devvil » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 am

Crimson Edge wrote:Been playing Borderlands for a few days now, I still cant decide what to play as though, but from the little ive seen the game is fairly fun... too bad you cant get into a damn co-op game as it constantly times out even with the ports being open.

I've been watching Gearboxes forum go into meltdown due to the lastest DRM ridden patch fairly funny to watch.
If you have a router put it on DMZ mode( which opens all ports on the router)

Sir Psycho Sexy

Post by Sir Psycho Sexy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 am

Devvil wrote:
Crimson Edge wrote:Been playing Borderlands for a few days now, I still cant decide what to play as though, but from the little ive seen the game is fairly fun... too bad you cant get into a damn co-op game as it constantly times out even with the ports being open.

If you have a router put it on DMZ mode( which opens all ports on the router)
While being a slight security risk I can confirm that this works... when gearbox wants it to work for you. It was the only way I could host ANY GAME WHATSOEVER! :Boo:
Happy to be here.

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:32 am

WOW.. slight security risk is a bit of an understatement.

For those that don't know
If you have setup a DMZ then you basically bypass all your router firewall settings and ALL internet traffic pointed to your external IP address ends up at the designated PC. If you don't have a software firewall active (Windows firewall or ZoneAlarm etc) then you are more open to attack than normal. If you have multiple home PC's then you really should look into VLAN and putting the PC for Borderlands into it's own VLAN to segregate it off.

I know some routers allow you to open port ranges and some sadly don't. I'm surprised they've not given an explanation for it locking down when specified game ports are opened. Maybe you should run and host a game, get a few players in and then check which ports are opened! (netstat -u at command prompt.)
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."