RIP jased10s

Our thoughts and memories of jased10s
xexes
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: RIP jased10s

Post by xexes » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:25 pm

I don't have any videos, but I have a lot of fond memories.

Jased was one of my favorite players, I looked up to him as a mentor and friend. Yes, he drank, but what I will remember him for was how he was never afraid to reach out to others. When it came to the unreachable, he observed and eventually found a way in. I watched how he handled life, and when I could not anymore, I learned from him and survived. There were no words exchanged, but he had an impact on my life. His love of fun was contagious and whenever he was around was a day I knew I would forget about my own troubles and enjoy life.

BlueBreadTruck
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by BlueBreadTruck » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:56 pm

I have not talked to him in years, but RIP Jased10s, you will be missed

QuintusEques

Post by QuintusEques » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:31 am

I may be a little late here, but I can honestly say that Jased changed my life. The first time I joined Fester's Place, I was a 16 year old kid. Had it not been for him I, would have never stayed on the server, It would have been one of the many that I joined when I first bought the orange box. However, Jase made it different. He made it stand out from all of the other servers I joined. It didn't seem like a few guys bullshitting, it seemed like a real community, and that's what it was. So I stuck around. I met some very good friends who remain friends to this day. Because I joined the community I decided to study abroad in Ireland for five months. That made me major in International Studies, which is how I met my fiancee. He may never have realized it, but Jased had a great impact on my life, and even though It has been years since I've spoken to him, I will dearly miss him.
"Quintus, I'm glad you're not on my team." -Del

Baggie

Post by Baggie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 pm

It has taken this long for me to take the news in.
Jase was truly one of a kind. Kind, funny, angry, argumentative, stubborn all in one bundle and the biggest wreck head I have ever met, and I have met a few.
When i was going through hard times I would ring him, or join him on Friday nights as you always knew where he would be.

No person has ever made me laugh so hard, sing so loud and smoke for so long.
Fkr nearly got me killed in the Dam, really, and we still laughed till we cried.
He invited the whole server to the first Festerfest and when I met him I felt that I had known him my whole life.

The memories have been rushing back and the tears have been flowing, I will genuinely never forget Jase,
he brought me together with some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to meet,
introduced me to the best server/players/times I ever had in all my years of playing.

RIP mate, heaven will be a better place with you in it-Friday mashups will be now truly be biblical.
:thanks:

Mr.Pop

Post by Mr.Pop » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 pm

hi guys a bit of an update on jasons funeral arrangements https://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=286532/Jas ... cam/Galway

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:20 pm

It's been a lovely reminder of just how good the good times were, seing everyone's posts, reading memories, & watching the various videos that have been posted. Anyone watching those on youtube & unaware of Friday night mashups at Festers must have the hell confused out of them!

I'd known Jased since HL2 Deathmatch days (the old NIC server). He disappeared from that for a while, and then all of a sudden popped back up and suggested going over to the new Festers place TF2 server. My Friday nights (and many other nights) entertainment was sealed for about the next 5 years. Solid.

Then of course, as already stated, there were the two Festerfest meetups. One at Jase's own house in Galway (the crazy idiot - letting a load of pishead stoner gamers loose for an entire weekend), and then the Amsterdam trip. Both brilliant, and made up of the usual fun but really great putting names to faces. I don't know of any other gaming communities - other than professional playes who HAVE to get together, who would so willingly go the extra miles (hundreds of them in some cases) to meet up with a bunch of people they never met before. And all because of Stella & some choice greenery.

That's what I'll remember most about Jased. Not the general good humour, terrible singing, merciless putdowns of everyone else and at the same time totally self aware self depreciation, and not, and particularly at the end of his time on Festers, the unfortunate sourness that he caused (he was on a few occasions just as much of a cunt to people as he was a mate). I'll remember his ability to bring a crowd together - people from completely different backgrounds, of all ages, and on an international basis, and then carry them all together on this crazy journey that was Festers Place. I don't think it's unfair to say that we are all different people as a result of that experience, & we've all made some friends along the way.

Cheers fella. See you in the next one, have a good time.
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

°*° Ten °*°

Post by °*° Ten °*° » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:02 pm

I only learned about the sad news today. Even though I wasn't very close to Jased it was quite a shock.

The crazy conversations and all the fun that Jased seemed to be the center of was what caught my attention when I first joined the server. Everyone was in high spirits, singing, laughing, having fun and being supportive even though I was a total noob at the time. That was what got me hooked at first and kept me coming back to Fester's. It was the best community one could wish for. Wild, rumbustious, with such a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and so much fun! The times at Fester's Place had a great influence on my life. I don't regret a single second of the endless hours that I spend there with all the great people.

Whether you liked him or not...with his unique personality Jased had an essential part in building this great community that we all loved. I'll always be thankful for that. And just like those wonderful times spend on Fester's, Jased won't be forgotten.

Rockefellert

Post by Rockefellert » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Damn, such sad news. I'd like to pay my respects, even I'm no longer active as member from Festers Place. I heard the news today from my friend Jeffer.

RIP buddy, you will be missed by many.

Kind regards,

Pope aka Rockefellert aka Lennart.

NUTCRUSHER

RIP jased10s

Post by NUTCRUSHER » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

Hi there Guys , long time no hear ps this is Nutcrusher or Now Ace Of Spades ! , its very sad the news of Jase passing , i was with Linda his partner all the way through the last week, from finding him to the cremation , his only Sister Mandy was over yesterday to Dublin from the UK for his cremation with his two young nieces , it was a really tough time for everyone , I have several messages to my account from lots that knew him thank you all for those messages i will print them all out and send to his partner Linda 'aka Lynn' as some of ye prob knew her as well, unfortunately Jase was in a really bad place at the time of his passing and there was nothing anyone could do for him , he didn't want help as it was there in abundance for him, the thing is his demons were to large for him to handle , but the one thing is he is no longer torturing himself anymore, again i would like to say thank you to everyone that contacted me and also the respect many had for him as he was a great character, friend brother and teacher to many , yesterday afternoon after the service there was a meal we all sat and chatted with each other it was nice to hear what was been said about Jase as there were many many funny stories some really bad as he was a mixed bag at the best of times, the one that struck a chord was from his partner Lynda herself about Friday night karaoke that he used to scream the house down and she was always in fear of the cops calling as we all know his not so traditional lifestyle was sometimes a major concern to her. Anyways thank you all in this really hard time was really nice to see the respect here from him even though we all know he was a moody Fecker and could just turn his nose on anyone or thing as quick as a flick of your fingers but I'm sure it was just part of him and the way he was brought up in this world.

PS i have gotten a message about donations for Jase's partner for funeral costs etc i will copy and paste it here so you can see it , if any one has or wants to donate something that is no problem , was a very nice gesture by pops and Lima@10s.

Llama@10s: hey there
Llama@10s: I talked to mr pop about it already, planned to go to jasons birthday in september. and i thought maybe we could put paypal adress on the festersplace forum to collect money for the funeral
Llama@10s: pop doesnt have paypal and he suggested you.
Llama@10s: if you could write on the forum, i would support it there. if you would be willing to do it and bring the money to lin
Ace of Spade`s: listen that is such a lovely gesture thank you lima ... my own paypal is ger808@gmail.com

Last but not least if anyone here wants to contact me about anything thats no problem at all , if anyone has messages to be passed to his partner i will also gladly do that too.

REGARDS

Nutcrusher 'aka Ace Of Spades'

Rest In Peace Jase
Ger :smoker: :booboo:

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 pm

He was a mad bastard on a Friday evenings playing TF2, he was the sort of chap where you had to take the rough with the smooth and I was very surprised by the news of his passing. My condolences to his family.

Thankyou nutcrusher
Last edited by Avenging on Wed May 11, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.