RIP jased10s

Our thoughts and memories of jased10s
Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: RIP jased10s

Post by Fester » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 am

Hey Metal, welcome back!

As Cambo has said you're not remembered the same way you think you are. We had a few young people on the server, kids or not we didn't care it was about having a few games and a bitta fun. BloodBlood, Heavythehobbit, Foxof, VincentJr etc. all probably shouldn't had some of his influence :lol: he was a kind soul that had his troubles. i only mentioned to someone during the week, We never really know the lasting effect we have on people.

Come by some Friday from 8pm , since Covid last year we've been having a few games in the virtual pub.

great to hear from you and that you're keeping well :-D

Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Johnimus Prime » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Fester wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 am
Hey Metal, welcome back!

As Cambo has said you're not remembered the same way you think you are. We had a few young people on the server, kids or not we didn't care it was about having a few games and a bitta fun. BloodBlood, Heavythehobbit, Foxof, VincentJr etc. all probably shouldn't had some of his influence :lol: he was a kind soul that had his troubles. i only mentioned to someone during the week, We never really know the lasting effect we have on people.

Come by some Friday from 8pm , since Covid last year we've been having a few games in the virtual pub.

Not necessarily true. I remember vividly that he was a little cunt (whereas most of his peer group who came on were not), & some admins silently sighed when he appeared, knowing that there'd likely need to be some sort of action required imminently.

But everyone can change and grow up. Glad to hear you're doing well FM.
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Johnimus Prime wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm
Fester wrote:
Hey Metal, welcome back!

Not necessarily true. I remember vividly that he was a little cunt (whereas most of his peer group who came on were not), & some admins silently sighed when he appeared, knowing that there'd likely need to be some sort of action required imminently.

It's funny how we remember things differently.
For example i remember you were pretty obnoxious usually JP, and on mentioning it to a few of the others they all said - yep, he can be like that.
So hopefully you have changed too, but more importantly - maybe join the server again - we won't judge you for the past.

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

CAMBO wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm
Johnimus Prime wrote:
Fester wrote:
Hey Metal, welcome back!

It's funny how we remember things differently.
For example i remember you were pretty obnoxious usually JP, and on mentioning it to a few of the others they all said - yep, he can be like that.
So hopefully you have changed too, but more importantly - maybe join the server again - we won't judge you for the past.
I was never aware of anyone having a problem with me Cambo - I'd have hoped they would have said if they did. I'm open to criticism. Don't remember playing with you that much actually, and don't remember you ever saying you had any issues wiht me? Certainly don't remember having my admin removed because I was being a problem. Are you thinking of someone else? Was there something specific I needed to be judged on?

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Johnimus Prime wrote:

You're kidding right we had awful trouble with the young ones from time to time! :-D I think poor ol Heavy the Hobbit and Vincentjr were the only one's that didn't grief us at some point hahaha :-D Foxof only stopped the trouble when we aggreed to host his map! Trolling was a thing back then.... But yeah Metal you were hard work hahaha you know it and I don't hold it against you

Anyway, not a great section of the forum for this. Come join the server and blow the fuck out of each other, use rockets and fire rather than typing!

:HJ:

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Fester wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:24 pm
Johnimus Prime wrote:

You're kidding right we had awful trouble with the young ones from time to time! :-D I think poor ol Heavy the Hobbit and Vincentjr were the only one's that didn't grief us at some point hahaha :-D Foxof only stopped the trouble when we aggreed to host his map! Trolling was a thing back then.... But yeah Metal you were hard work hahaha you know it and I don't hold it against you

Anyway, not a great section of the forum for this. Come join the server and blow the fuck out of each other, use rockets and fire rather than typing!

:-D :Adminpower: :thumbup:

xexes

Post by xexes » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:51 pm

I miss you.

I think of you now and then, and wish things were different.

Wherever you are, I hope you know that I think of you. That we are still here, and that we still miss you.

d0n_th3_run_0nt0p1c

Post by d0n_th3_run_0nt0p1c » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:22 am

Not only that I do remember JP as one of the finest and most decent lads.
I do not get this off-topic´ing that seems to always end up in "ye, sad story but join the server".
Wasn´t this thread supposed to be a place to be reminiscing Jason and the good times we had/he gave us?

I remember -and times might have changed but not the old core´s age I presume- that we used to be taught by our elders to not leave a bad comment over the ones that have passed.
Everyone is doing mistakes and having downsides - but in honour of the inevitability of life and death we spare them and eitherway remember our blossomed flowers in a cheering way or do not speak at all.
That has nothing to do with biting your tongue but with showing respect or leaving it. So many of the comments here I don´t get.

This server has been a place where you could speak out the truth and wait for honest responses; another reason this controversial person named Jason has been and is a light in this all so superficial online world.
I will not get into details about posts of mine that have been deleted but ffs man up and keep it "An Ode to jased10s".

I might not be a member of the FP community or server anymore but as a member of the past, of its core idea that has carried me through times and times I appeal to refresh the memory of this unique guy of ours and focus on that.

You know, today I googled our friend and the only thing I found was his obituary notice. In the last few months when we got closer again and spent a few times gaming together he got me into twitch and H1Z1, even before the whole thing exploded around twitch and being a yt streamer, he was seeing the signs. He was telling me about how fun it would be to build up a stream just to entertain people. A visionary at its best but not for the money, he loved the show and as many here confirmed, he loved even more to care, really care about a community and its individuals. THIS is the person I want to and will keep in memory. And this is why I still come back here and love to read about him and the ones he influenced.

#keepitanode

d0n_th3_run_0nt0p1c

Post by d0n_th3_run_0nt0p1c » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:35 am

"You know, today I googled our friend and the only thing I found was his obituary notice."
I lost the topic myself a bit in all fairness, trying to make a point.

All I found was the obituary notice and it made me think. A guy, a gamer that was trying to make a/the difference in online gaming and all that is left ,if one is using the infinite tool to filter information being online, is this - not fair.
Don´t get me wrong, I am not being the fan boy here but as several people have mentioned, jased made the difference. So yes, to me he was a pioneer, a last unicorn, a place to turn to. And I was sadly touched by the fact that online nothing else remained of this guy that wanted to make the (online) world a better place so much but these few sad lines.

So my appeal is, leave this thread An Ode or leave it. Just asking.

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:20 pm

Off topic and double standards Don but I do appreciate the sentiment behind it, I mean this in humor.

I know it hurt you deeply loosing him as it did many others. Some it pains them to even play with us for a few rounds as the memories are still strong. For me, I have many regrets and wish it didn't end the way it did. I knew Jason for many years before TF2 was ever a thing. I still hold fond memories of him, I do not remember him in a bad light, all be it we had difficult times even before TF2. I still tell stories of his madness (meant in kind gest) and boy did he create stories for me to tell. You're right, he was a visionary person but also a very troubled person unfortunately. Kind hearted and just wanted to be liked/loved.

What I do like now is that so many years later, friends who played together all the time ago, still to this day, come together and play games. Yes its not the same as before, yes it's just a hand full of us... But in spirit the idea Jason had over 14 years ago is still a thing. That's fine if you think I'm here to promote the server and tell people "ye sad join the server" that's your opinion and your fully entitled to it but it's not the reality of the situation. There is no profit from this, there is nothing out of this for me, it's there as a place for friends to come together as it was when we originally created the community. A place for positive and enjoyable times.

Again, I know of others who I've spoken with since his passing who just cannot play as it brings them pain. I respect this and I also respect the people who do want to play and enjoy something close to old times. A place where a memory of a man lives on and each Friday friends can have a beer enjoy a game and as you mentioned, I still respect that anyone can speak their mind without being judged.

Everyone has their own memories but the key thing is Jase is apart of them and cannot ever be forgotten, Googling or the internet is not a place to hold memories of a man, Your heart and mind is.

Thank you for sharing Don, please do reach out if you want to talk, I'm happy to share and swap stories with you. Keep positive and safe.