L4D Problem

Oh shit call the admin !!
[U2OP] Willy

L4D Problem

Post by [U2OP] Willy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:59 pm

When I join L4D on one of the fester servers everything is fine. It's when we change levels I have a connection issue. I get a connection warning, Lags for 5 seconds then it starts the game then 5 seconds later does it again and Wont stop until I reconnect. Anyone else have this problem besides me?
Watch me play LIVE http://www.xfire.com/live_video/willkillyaquick/ if I am on and Broadcasting

Del

Re: L4D Problem

Post by Del » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:19 pm

ya, plenty as it happens.

Supernova, aonn, putte off the top of my head. Only in the spawn room too...

I havent experienced it myself.

might be aboslutely nothing to do with it, but when you finish a game and the l4d sales pitch comes on, do you let it play thru or do you disconnect/reconnect straight away?

cos I found that the video contiues to play in the background. depending on hardware specs n ting, and whether you go to console or not, it may be that at the start of the game the vid stops, and on 2nd level load it starts playing again, causing chuggishness?

In my case it played thru choppliy on 1st level, I just went to the consoel and let it play thru. now I let the pitch play thru before reconnect.

just a thought, might have nothing to do w/ it, cos I've never had 2nd level spawn 'lag'

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Mine was lagging like this too, but only on the second level spawn.

I could either reconnect and it would be fine, or just go out the spawn room and it cleared up.

Jonnywhy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Jonnywhy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:03 pm

YamNivek wrote:...or just go out the spawn room and it cleared up.
Aren't you meant to do this anyway??
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:13 pm

i always get that thing ... have to wait till my team mates clears a bit then lag my ass to them ,,, its just a few yards so its ok but damn anoying

[U2OP] Willy

Post by [U2OP] Willy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 pm

YamNivek wrote:Mine was lagging like this too, but only on the second level spawn.

I could either reconnect and it would be fine, or just go out the spawn room and it cleared up.
Mine also does this only at the second spawn LVL but it doesnt clear for me. I thought it might be my lag since I only have 2 bars when playing but when I reconnect it's fixed so I dont believe that's it.
Watch me play LIVE http://www.xfire.com/live_video/willkillyaquick/ if I am on and Broadcasting

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Del wrote:ya, plenty as it happens.

Supernova, aonn, putte off the top of my head. Only in the spawn room too...

I havent experienced it myself.

might be aboslutely nothing to do with it, but when you finish a game and the l4d sales pitch comes on, do you let it play thru or do you disconnect/reconnect straight away?

cos I found that the video contiues to play in the background. depending on hardware specs n ting, and whether you go to console or not, it may be that at the start of the game the vid stops, and on 2nd level load it starts playing again, causing chuggishness?

In my case it played thru choppliy on 1st level, I just went to the consoel and let it play thru. now I let the pitch play thru before reconnect.

just a thought, might have nothing to do w/ it, cos I've never had 2nd level spawn 'lag'
well we never play it true just restart after killing everything including team mates :) the vote way ,,, and that is not the only problems i got , only way to join a game for me is to start the demo then shift+tab get friends list and join a friend that are in a game ,,, all other ways gives me "you dont have this 3de party mod installed"

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:04 pm

I had a lag issue but was resolved with latest graphic drivers

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Sounds a bit buggy atm
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:47 pm

well they know about the problems and will most likley have a patch when game goes live