Can't Connect To Server

Oh shit call the admin !!
Sarkie

Can't Connect To Server

Post by Sarkie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey guys.

I get the error (attached) - the instruction at 0x00010109 referenced memory at 0x09e629b4. The memory could not be written - when I try to connect to the server. I think it appears on the "Welcome" screen, as I've connected to another server running the same map as was playing on the server (ctf_2fort) okay.

When I was on last night, people were saying one guy couldn't connect until they removed the welcome screen. Was this a similar error to the one the other guy was getting? Any help!?!?

Cheers :)
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (67.86 KiB) Viewed 4484 times

themaxxz

Re: Can't Connect To Server

Post by themaxxz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Jase,

I have the same problem and I confirm that I connect to other servers just fine, so it seems suspect. Also I only recently (~ 1 month ago), completely reinstalled my entire windows so it seems suspect that my steam install is to blame.

Del

Post by Del » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:45 pm

fuckin internut exploder, that's yer problem right there.
I've deswishied the pesky motd for now, see if that makes life better

even if you dont use the piece of shit, make sure your ie is updated and working

themaxxz

Post by themaxxz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Removing the 2 blob files did not work. Same error, as Sarkie I can connect fine to another server running the same map ?!?!

xexes
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by xexes » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:35 pm

I get that error every now and then, pretty sure it has nothing to do with the server or map i'm connecting to.

Also, I know a player who couldn't ever connect to a certain server - they tried everything until the person wiped their HD and reinstalled Windows and everything worked fine again.

Del

Post by Del » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:39 pm

v. strange as motd is now just plain text, the ie engine should not be used.

Unless you tried just after I made the change and the map hadnt changed yet so was still on the old motd...try again maybe?

themaxxz

Post by themaxxz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Del,

It's working now, I'm not sure exactly what solved it. I'll post this below in case it might be useful for others.

Problem:
Application popup: Team Fortress 2: hl2.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x00010101" referenced memory at "0x3a004300". The memory could not be "written".

Solution:
Immediately after your first message about IE, I checked and indeed it was updated and needed a final 'finish install sh*t' action. I never use IE as you might suspect. After that I tried again to connect, but same error. So I performed a custom windows update and installed all non essential stuff, included nvidia. Of course this fuxored my nvidia drivers, so I manually installed the latest WHQL drivers from nvidia site. After that I did a final update check and final reboot.

After all this I am able to connect again.

Thanks for your help.

TM

Del

Post by Del » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:35 pm

Good news Maxx and thanks for posting the details of your solution. Hopefully this can help others.