BoFII vs LNS HO - Wednesday 1st of September

Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: BoFII vs LNS HO - Wednesday 1st of September

Post by Califax » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah, we all just know upward not good enough. Some communities are playing them all the time, he hardly ever...

But think you guys lost upward in the first two points. That should have taken them longer then it did...

SmokeDef

Post by SmokeDef » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 pm

I apologize for not showing up. I woke up at 8 p.m. and honestly wouldn't have been much help I think.

MuG

Post by MuG » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Coco wrote:Was a good game but have to say something I was quite irritated about on upward, I got killed by their scout and pyro at least 4 times each, I don't know how but they got behind you guys every fking time. I can't countersnipe their sniper if I'm dead like 60% of the time because some of their team can get behind me every time. Apart from that it was a great game :)
A very good point coco and i think it may be the key to that map somewhat. Sniper is very powerfull on that map, huge long sightlines in places. So gotta sort something out like demo or scout hanging around with sniper a good bit watching his back/being ready to explode scouts. Then once a few have lost their heads on the enemy team we are free to push the cart.

I think overall we need to sort out classes who help each other out more. Aka scout helps watch sniper and demo from jumpy fuckers. We've already established that pyros role is mainly gaurding medic and engy.

Upward as a map is tough overall imo. Sooo many routes, it's hard to keep a defensive line, even secure a small area. Some points are a massive choke points though with only 1 or 2 entrances. The hill the cart must go up for example, 1 entrance low and 1 high, Also 1 kinda hidden a death drop to the ledge on the left (from defensive viewpoint) of the walkway just inside the tunnel adjacent to the little walway above. Demos and sollys can jump up there too, but its risky.

Also worth noting is that their spy and sniper made mincemeat of us in first and second stage. While we were focussed on the sniper, a lot of us got backstabbed.