Friday night - Competitive play vs Karaoke

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Friday night - Competitive play vs Karaoke

Post by Califax » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am

I understood some discussion came up again between admins last friday, when BoFIII scheduled a fridaynight match on our Highlander server, which interfered with the Karaoke loving people, cause the servers cant run simontaneously cause they lag each other out...

It forced the karaoke server to go offline for about 90 minutes, to let BoFIII have a lag-free match. (Much appreciated Jased!)

To prevent this, BoFI and II have always tried to schedule around the fridaynight, but because Tazic wasn't aware, this situation arose again.

But i am pleased to say, we now have a solution...

Jeffer has provided us with three match servers located in the Netherlands. Two of those are dedicated for 6v6 matches, and one for highlander matches. He had little time to explain how to work the servers to a lot of players, so because it was easiest for him, he explained it all to me in dutch last fridaynight, so i can provide other people with the need-to-know info.

For people like me who have never worked with server stuff before, it's a little complex in the beginning, but i have dedicated my weekend to understanding and trying out the servers in lobbies, and i feel comfortable with working them now, and they seem to be working excellent!

So... If the situation rises again that one of our teams absolutely have to play a match on a friday, cause of scheduling issues in the challenge, we have a perfectly good match server, that doesnt interfere with the Karaoke, keeping everyone happy. :)

Fester

Re: Friday night - Competitive play vs Karaoke

Post by Fester » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Sorry Cali my stand on match's on Friday stands across the board i was going to make up a post about this earlier

While Jeffer was good enough to create some Lobby servers for people who like playing lobby they really dont have much connection to Festers Place other than Jeffer created them. we as a community i am sure have no issues with some guys playing match games but what we do have a issue with is them games taking from our original social experience.

Festers Place was always about the fun and social aspect of playing on our servers and we dont want to loose that, its what we are all about. its also what our highlander team was about at the start, a bunch of guys getting together having some laughs. it just turned out we have some strong teams and have a chance of winning. but winning aint everything to our community, having fun is!

You as a person have gone above and beyond to insure we have a good team to do us proud in the competition world and i do really enjoy this style of game but thinking of the larger picture the community spirit is far more important than winning to most among us

i dont think anyone has any issue with people playing a few competition games but tis important to remember what festers place is all about.. FUN!!!

I appreciate that both BoF I and II have been having there matches on days other than Friday but i am afraid no match's can be played on Festers Place servers on Friday nights from now on.

The Mash Up comes first and foremost!

I do understand people have some issue with joining the Karaoke server myself included but then why not jump on the main server and have some fun there? if lobbies are your thing then Jeffer has indeed put in place some servers for you to use since its hard to get a European lobby server, But the spirit of having fun and not taking all this too serious is still the main standing of our community

and again, thanks Cali, i know the time work and effort you put into competition play is not gone unnoticed in the slightest. many people have great respect for what your doing and really enjoy it myself included but its good to have fun and not forget our roots

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Here's a question, did you win the match on Friday?

Is there anywhere I can see the results of the BoF matches and who was playing?

Califax

Post by Califax » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Yeah they won. Isnt the "Practise times" section open for everyone to see?

Anyway, you can also see our teams ladder records here:
BoF I
BoF II
BoF III

JeFFeR

Post by JeFFeR » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm

hello!

altho the match on friday may be a once in a lifetime anyways, i just wanted to say this:

i think there must be room for everyone to play whatever they like.
altho it should not affect eachother.
as friday night is festersplace night for alott of people this should go on without problems.
therefore i would highly appreciate the bunch of fuckers who wonna play a match on friday night to use my server so i can listen to drunken people singing.....
is that clear? good! :)