Highlander vids

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Highlander vids

Post by Califax » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Bear with the long intro's, there is some good stuff in here we can learn from.
Vids are shot on a public highlander server.

You Tube Direct Link

You Tube Direct Link

Buttnose
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: Highlander vids

Post by Buttnose » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:20 pm

give me advent any day over that knob jockey

Califax

Post by Califax » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Buttnose wrote:give me advent any day over that knob jockey
I didnt mean learn from the heavy, more like learn for the communication ;)

__fell

Post by __fell » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 am

yeah i was gonna say, anubis is way better than that guy..

but what i think our teams have lacked in the practises is cohesion, we need to work together more and if a few team members have died, regroup before running into the next section, going in one by one wont help anything. i've watched a fair few 6v6s and they never actually progress that fast, snatching a control point doesnt help if it gets retaken straight away, the team needs to be there in force..

not sure how much this applies to highlander since there are more people on the field but i think we need to stick together more and move with a purpose rather than picking off the odd guy here or there..

MuG

Post by MuG » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 am

__fell wrote:yeah i was gonna say, anubis is way better than that guy..

but what i think our teams have lacked in the practises is cohesion, we need to work together more and if a few team members have died, regroup before running into the next section, going in one by one wont help anything. i've watched a fair few 6v6s and they never actually progress that fast, snatching a control point doesnt help if it gets retaken straight away, the team needs to be there in force..

not sure how much this applies to highlander since there are more people on the field but i think we need to stick together more and move with a purpose rather than picking off the odd guy here or there..
very well said mate. You need to stop and think when a teammate or 2 goes down. If need be pull back a little and guard, wait for backup to arrive. All teammates dead is no good. Slow progress is good progress. Unless the clocks ticking :mrgreen:

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

thanks fell :oops:

im good as my team :greentoke:
i took from those vids the info passing through mic's , a medic thats is talking means much more than 450 hp for a heavy .
i also took the noise .
when all speaking at once - it helps none and can damage (not hearing a spy decloak , sentry armying or some enemy landing next to u :)
we should have talking preffrences and order , who have more mic time (scout , spy , medic , engi ) and who use it occasionally (usually moving with the team <most of the other rolls> )

besides that - concerning XLR , he still didnt meet our snipers , spies and buttnose ! :lol: :lol:

DHARMA AGENT

Post by DHARMA AGENT » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 am

LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Taekwon-joe

Post by Taekwon-joe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm

As far as im aware the medic should usually do the most talking. Hes the most important member of the team. Teams should move on a medics command. If the medic is not prepared to push then the rest of the pushing players is more likely to fail.

Most of my comunication (as a scout) is just quick stuff like "medic down", "medic low", "demo in house". I rekon most other players would be the same.

Other important comunication could be from the spy when hes behind enemy lines. Stuff like telling us where the sentries are and when he has just saped it so that the rest of the team can make a push.

I could be wrong though cos ive mostly played 6v6 games.