friends , your opinion here is importent , plz take the time

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
DragoonKnight
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Re: friends , your opinion here is importent , plz take the time

Post by DragoonKnight » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Fester wrote:just the one comment from me on this.

it don't matter if we win or loose but for god sake people use yer mic's :lol: i had no idea where any of my team was 80% of the time in the game Saturday night and when people say "yup i gotta a mic" then use the fecker :lol: team game needs the team to speak. dont matter what ya sound like its important for the rest of your team to know what is going on. we had the most awesome of scouts (cettu) but never seen or heard from him for the hour played he just ran around owning :lol: :lol: the odd "enemy on the right" every now and then helps the other 8 people know whats going on :)
so smoke signals arent gonna work, nor sign language, nor yelling at the screen.
Time to dig up the get a Mic thread?
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm

DragoonKnight wrote:
Fester wrote:just the one comment from me on this.

it don't matter if we win or loose but for god sake people use yer mic's :lol: i had no idea where any of my team was 80% of the time in the game Saturday night and when people say "yup i gotta a mic" then use the fecker :lol: team game needs the team to speak. dont matter what ya sound like its important for the rest of your team to know what is going on. we had the most awesome of scouts (cettu) but never seen or heard from him for the hour played he just ran around owning :lol: :lol: the odd "enemy on the right" every now and then helps the other 8 people know whats going on :)
so smoke signals arent gonna work, nor sign language, nor yelling at the screen.
Time to dig up the get a Mic thread?
Everyone playing should have a mic. No excuses.
I'd be willing to throw a few quid into a kitty to get a mic or two for those that don't have one and can't manage it too.
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 pm

oh these feckers have mic's!!! they just point blank refuse to share there lovely voices with us :D that or they are trying to keep all the kills to themselves :lol:

MuG

Post by MuG » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Well cleared up califax.

Knowing that teams aren't set in stone is a great relief, as the comp could be a month or more away and we just don't know where people are gonna be. Apologies I jumped the gun on that. Afaik in etf2l league only 1 teamchange is allowed per season, So we gotta make sure it's right if/when we make changes.

I think the problem is that the differentiation between team names is numerical, people automatically associate 1 with being better than 2. Maybe BoF! and BoF# would work :mrgreen: Minor detail, but does have some what of a mental effect.

The pre-practices were essential to getting the server tuned right(Which is now all configed for battle).
Saturday: Most of BoF1 was present and owned almost every map. It was hard losing a lot but we battled on and got through a little rage and came out stronger and more unified(&came back to when a round or 2 if memory serves).
Monday: Most of BoF2 was present and owned almost every map. They were some hard slogging rounds though. BoF1 fought hard, But had issues with players coming and going between games and upsetting the flow. As did BoF2 just not as much. Anubis got a bit enraged near the end due to lack of teamwork and comms going on and ofc aztec stabbing him repeatedly :mrgreen:

Both nights were a lotta fun for me and from what I could see & hear when alltalk enabled at the end of a round so did every1 else playing. We had lots of people drop by who just wanted to give it a blast too and did a fine job at filling some positions. It also gave people a taste of how it all work in highlander comp. Stopwatches, lack of crits. How and when to push & defend a certain map. All good to know before the first official test.
I look forward to the full official test on saturday, but as you can see from the thread saturday is not a good day for every1. Maybe wednesday would suit people better? Friday being off-limits :mrgreen: Again this is another huge problem, Getting every available at the same time is tough.

Again apolgies If I've offended u califax, was not my intention. You've done a fine job!

Totally with you on the mic situation fest, people have gotta be more vocal. For example on monday night, We had aztec giving us the news from behind the lines, What was coming, where the sg was. Spies and scouts are more than sneaky quick efficient killing machines. They are a knowledge resource to inform your team. Without speech bubbles you cant get done like the whore(raurio) :mrgreen:
This is all part of playing serious in my opinion, using your mic and playing your role for the team to the best of your ability, 100% effort.

&cettu has no time for chat, too busy filling my face with scattergun rounds! :mrgreen:

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:55 pm

thank u friends for your opinions - it was importent for me to understand where u come from :greentoke:

im coming from a 3 years "have to do" army service and a country that unfortunatly live war even if its only on its boarders and south west city .
we charge forword , communicate , plan , and lead a team to a fight with our body - not only words :)
i see this turney as an option to take the huge ammount of skill in fester's place , and put it in two well cordinated teams that will give a fight , enjoy it and win (at least some ;) ), and maybe make enough impression to make fester's known more , getting new players and more nice people ?

using mics , "making" the scout and spy "do their job" and "use their advantage" - is tactics , its serious and as i see it - should b and will grant us more pleasure, cause lets face it - even i enjoy lossing after a true epic fight when everyone gives everything , but wining - now thats fun :greentoke:
bit if u go serious , maybe figure out how serious we all want to go ?

i would go for your method Cali, now that i know what u ment , but i'll ask the option to play with whom i think i'll add more , im here over a year with almost 1700 playing hours , i know a lot of them as players - truely well :-D (and it is an honor - i've learned tons of each and everyone - thank u)
besides , since its not based on skill , i feel better now playing with over skilled basterds like the shtaber aztec/BB or bloody demo like mug/sexy ;)

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

MuG wrote: I look forward to the full official test on saturday, but as you can see from the thread saturday is not a good day for every1. Maybe wednesday would suit people better? Friday being off-limits :mrgreen: Again this is another huge problem, Getting every available at the same time is tough.
I believe that if we schedule the practise sessions with a small interval, say 3 times a week, you would get less players in all sessions then when you schedule with a larger interval like once a week.

But we can go twice a week, i dont mind. But i myself will probably still be working on the other side of the country for the next couple of weeks, so i will only be playing on the weekends.

Should i at least schedule wednesday May 5th for practise #2?
MuG wrote: Again apolgies If I've offended u califax, was not my intention. You've done a fine job!
I dont get offendid easily, as long as i get the same platform to respond.

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Anubis wrote:...now that i know what u ment , but i'll ask the option to play with whom i think i'll add more , im here over a year with almost 1700 playing hours , i know a lot of them as players - truely well :-D (and it is an honor - i've learned tons of each and everyone - thank u)

I'm not sure what you mean to imply here.

I get the feeling you think that i am the one deciding how the teams are organised, but that is not the case. I just made the first move to make a selection, because, well... That's just who i am. I am not a natural born leader or something, but i simply can't stand chaos or putting things off. If people keep talking about stuff, nothing gets done. Then i will step forward, mainly because i cant stand it any longer ;)

I know that i have not been playing on this server very long, but i am an experienced player and i think that i am one of the most observing players.

I get the feeling that with this post you were trying to play me down with less playtime on this server that i shouldnt be the one to call the selection. I would just like you to see that that isnt even the case.

Please tell me if i misinterpreted.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Califax wrote:
Anubis wrote:...now that i know what u ment , but i'll ask the option to play with whom i think i'll add more , im here over a year with almost 1700 playing hours , i know a lot of them as players - truely well :-D (and it is an honor - i've learned tons of each and everyone - thank u)

I'm not sure what you mean to imply here.

I get the feeling you think that i am the one deciding how the teams are organised, but that is not the case. I just made the first move to make a selection, because, well... That's just who i am. I am not a natural born leader or something, but i simply can't stand chaos or putting things off. If people keep talking about stuff, nothing gets done. Then i will step forward, mainly because i cant stand it any longer ;)

I know that i have not been playing on this server very long, but i am an experienced player and i think that i am one of the most observing players.

I get the feeling that with this post you were trying to play me down with less playtime on this server that i shouldnt be the one to call the selection. I would just like you to see that that isnt even the case.

Please tell me if i misinterpreted.
totally misunderstood :)

read my first post here and understand what i think of u :greentoke:
i was explaining where i come from , after u know this people so much u know with whom u make the most of yourself :D
in the army , u trust your friends with your life and will die for them , in game i want to trust them totally and and have the will to jump infront to give cover and die if needed for the most to survive and win .
it says nothing on those "i want less to play with " than we prolly didnt play enough time together :D

again - read the first post here and learn whats my opinion on u , im only thankful cause u are the reason this option is open to festers .

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm

It's great to have those around us who take charge and manage things. It's also great to participate and democratically decided our fates.

Sometimes being forceful is the only way to move things on in a timely manner.... thats what I tell my girlfriend anyway!

Fair play to you Califax for kicking the tyres early.
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

BBloke wrote:It's great to have those around us who take charge and manage things. It's also great to participate and democratically decided our fates.

Sometimes being forceful is the only way to move things on in a timely manner.... thats what I tell my girlfriend anyway!

Fair play to you Califax for kicking the tyres early.
second to that , nothing is personal here and if by any chance people took it that way - plz dont :)
just sharing my opinion thoughts and some history ? ;-)