Team balance

This is where the big boys play! Highlander or 6 v 6 league style!
Califax
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Team balance

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 am

Ok, that would kinda suck cause i cant be there, and i have maybe a little bit different philosify on how to create and balance the team. And, you have to keep in mind that once the 14 registered in "team 1" neither one of those 14 can play in team 2 to help out or something like that.

Fester

Post by Fester » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 am

Toco when the games will be played they normally are played 8Gmt. might be worth considering ;)

i will do my best to be there. but i may have to drop back as a spare player if needed for a no show.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Post by Sir Psycho Sexy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 am

Well tbh I enjoy going engi quite a lot (im just not very skilled at it) so if its needed ill be more than willing to go engi (if you enjoy no skills ooooo go try plop a sentry behind enemy lines *die* *repeat* tactics :D)
Happy to be here.

Diggers

Post by Diggers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

Won't be able to make it, I'm afraid.
Work and college and whatnot, partially the reason I opted for backup
BBloke is credit to Fester's team!
http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561198005020805

Oddrock

Post by Oddrock » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm

I'd be around for a practice if it's happening.

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 pm

I'll pop in but a friend will be dropping over at some stage so may not get to join in for too long. Maybe I'll get in later on. Depends if you lot are going to be playing for a few hours.
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 pm

I can't make this one but only cos i'm playing for a show, which ends on saturday. After that i can do 8 pm pretty much any night.
Nicely done Bbloke!!

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I would take a step back from being potentially overworked on having a main team, 2nd team or even a 3rd team.

What about just having A team with 14 players. I feel you'll have more success in getting 14 players that can play a 9 v 9 game in one team than having 28 players in two teams fielding 9 players each. It's the 80/20 rule to some degree. There seems a pretty strong guarantee that you'll either have a solid 1st team of 14 "pretty much can play everytime" and a poor 2nd team with "pretty is pretty reliant upon other people being there".

Simply put. You can do one team well or two teams badly. I know plenty of people will be a little disappointed but 2 teams = a lot more work and 1 team just appears to make more sense.

You can tell me to shut up and f*** off if you like!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Califax

Post by Califax » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 pm

I understand what you are saying, thats why i kinda put up the poll.

But it's like you said. People may want to join just for the fun, but once there in a team, they are going to have to be commited to the team, and have to be avaiable for the matches.

Anyway, managing 28 people is not going to happen, cause each team is going to have to manage its self.

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

I agree with your sentiments BBloke but I think there's more interest than one team would allow for. ofc not everyone who signed up will be able/willing to play once the day arrives but that still leaves quite a few.

I think that the best approach is a serious and a piss-take team. Those who want to properly represent Festers' on a skill level, will take the whole thing seriously and have hax good enough to compete; and the second tier team without as much pressure for those who don't care too much about final placement and just want to get involved.

Obv both would need to put in some practice time beforehand but keep the one's who want to win and the ones who just want to play apart to at least save on some agro down the line.
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!