JeFFeRs Gamesound Contest Is Here!

Music and Servers
JeFFeR
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: JeFFeRs Gamesound Contest Is Here!

Post by JeFFeR » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm

- ppl, pls send in your answers so i can maybe give ppl 1 extra hint if they fail hard :)

only if they fial hard tho...i wont give any hints to bloke here

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Hehehehe.. I also told Jeffer if I win I'll remove myself from the comp.

Let's just say I have some major savvy when it comes to audio selections :)
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

JeFFeR

Post by JeFFeR » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 pm

We have some winners!

27 points - Dreamachine
27 points - Avenging
20 points - Fell

Because dream and avenging have the same score they both have to battle for 1st price.
(a post of that will follow)

some answers:

Sample 1: Final Fantasy 1 - Tsuyoshi Sekito - The prelude - First used in Final fantasie 1, and later others
Sample 2: Serious Sam - Aaah Yoursellf! - Used in more serious sam games after killing screaming suicide guys
Sample 3: Mortal Kombat - Excellent - Used in alott of mortal kombat games
Sample 4: Constructor - Hello, this is constructor are you receiving me? - pc game in 1997 and later also on ps1
Sample 5: Halo 1 combat evolved - Intro song for halo 1 bungie studios and audio director Martin O'Donnel - game was launch title for xbox console in 2001
Sample 6: Battlefield 2 - Playing as MEC saying "Man Down!" & alternative sample - Battlefield 2, an epic fps shooter. A free version is on beta atm, complete remake of the game...for free!
Sample 7: Tetris 1 Music a - Thee or four types of music came out with tetris, this is by far the best known. game original made for pc in 1980, 1989 also on nintendo gameboy. Game is made by russians
Sample 8: Super Mario Brothers 3 - The Hammer brothers - 1 of the characters in the super mario brothers 3 game, played when attacking hammer brothers that walk around your world map. game came out in 1991 in europe.
Sample 9: Worms 1 - Old worms sound vocal hello - worms came out on the pc in 1995
Sample 10: Duke Nukem 3d - Making Bacon - well known vocal of the game that came out for pc in 1996
Sample 11: Portal - Sound of shooting the portal gun
Sample 12: Sonic - Intro sound of sonic 1 and 2 - sega megadrive with sonic 1 in europe in 1991 was the answer to nintendo super mario brothers series.
Sample 13: Zelda - Koji Kondo - Overworld - Game for nes later also snes and much more, the music stays the same altho more voices has been added thru the years.
Sample 14: Quake 3 arena - Vocal "Holy Shit!" - used for important kills, for instance a second before you kill an opponent who is about to capture your flag.
Sample 15: The secret of Monkey island - Intro song of monkey island 1 - this could sound different cause there were many different soundcards back then - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a324ykKV-7Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sample 16: World of Goo - A rather simple idea worked out great, the music is very, very touching in that pc game.
Bonus Sample 17: Secret of mana - game for the Snes, playable with 3 players with a joystick converter. very good songs, composer was showen on the game intro before the producer of the game...wich is rather special.

Avenging
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Avenging » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Welldone to Fell and Dream. Damn so close for the quake answer, as I had UT2003/04.

dreamachine

Post by dreamachine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm

congrats to everyone who played and entered
but remember kids its not the winning that's important it's the taking part :)
and also hats :-D
Fantasy Football: 147479-37758

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:20 am

For anyone out thier Jeffer can't give me a lime green paint as he promised so if your can trade him one.
He can give it to me.

PS. Jeffer be more strick with you rules and prizes.

JeFFeR

Post by JeFFeR » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:45 am

Avenging wrote:For anyone out thier Jeffer can't give me a lime green paint as he promised so if your can trade him one.
He can give it to me.

PS. Jeffer be more strick with you rules and prizes.

available paint so far:
team spirit, drably olive,indubitably green, australium gold, a color similar to slate, color no. 216-190-216, a deep commitment to purple - more will follow

theres never been different paint then these ones tho
but i would trade anyone with these paints except the gold one cause thats what dream has for the lime green so you can have it :Pyro:

__fell

Post by __fell » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:17 am

i didnt really mind if i won anything, it was a fun game!

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 am

LOL Avenging! maybe a thanks for Jeffers effort in creating the challenge rather than "Jeffer be more strick with you rules and prizes." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair play Jeff!

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah Thanks Jeffer For your hard work and patients with my multiple entry for the comp, that post was at the end of the night and abit worse for wear.