new maps

All questions will get our full attention
DragoonKnight
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

new maps

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 am

cambo suggested we get some new maps. i shall start us off with some:

pl Escarpment
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=18622

cp infiltration
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5260
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: new maps

Post by CAMBO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:49 am

Dragoon what I actually said was we don't have all the maps we used to have at one point.

What I noticed on Friday though was a lack of patience with any maps that were being played.
As we had decent numbers again the RTV was going off every minute almost without maps even getting chance to be played, or when players were joining the map was changing straight away.

I actually think having looked through the map folder the selection is ample for now although that doesn't mean more cant be added. I suppose at the moment as numbers are returning I'm more interested in getting a good regular turnout again and the other stuff is just details.

I'm not sure if there was an issue in the past with some custom maps for some players as well although I could be wrong about that.

pl Escarpment is a nice map btw.

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm

I wish I had the chance to get on Friday but alas. I'm so knackered these days it's almost impossible.

I can see it being annoying if RTV is constantly used after a map has just loaded. Maybe it's time to have a think on how things could be setup a little better to let maps play out a little more?

It's not the easiest of subjects to touch on but maybe a longer RTV coldown period?
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

CAMBO wrote:Dragoon what I actually said was we don't have all the maps we used to have at one point.

What I noticed on Friday though was a lack of patience with any maps that were being played.
As we had decent numbers again the RTV was going off every minute almost without maps even getting chance to be played, or when players were joining the map was changing straight away.

I actually think having looked through the map folder the selection is ample for now although that doesn't mean more cant be added. I suppose at the moment as numbers are returning I'm more interested in getting a good regular turnout again and the other stuff is just details.

I'm not sure if there was an issue in the past with some custom maps for some players as well although I could be wrong about that.

pl Escarpment is a nice map btw.
yeahh but we can always have MOOOORRREEE PAYLOOOAAD maps :)
ImageImageImage

__fell

Post by __fell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 pm

maybe if when you rtv'd you had to fill out a 2 page questionnaire about why you want the change, people would think about it a bit more..

DragoonKnight

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

__fell wrote:maybe if when you rtv'd you had to fill out a 2 page questionnaire about why you want the change, people would think about it a bit more..
question 2b why do you not like the map and it has to be a 5 sentence long explanation because you cant just say its shit. but in truth there is at least one person per map on average who doesnt like the current map.

also 60 minute timer needs scaling down to 30 i played 60 mins of mach4 last night tard charging which was funny as i was kicking ass :spanking:
ImageImageImage

AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

I agree with the longer RTV cooldown timer. Once we voted for a map, we shouldn't be able to vote again for like 15 minutes to say a number.

Personally I also find it annoying when the map changes in the middle of a gameplay, I mean I have seen servers with a vote for the next map in the cycle, rather than with a vote for changing the map immediately. But that's probably just me.

Doishy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Doishy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am

Is cp_freight still on the rotation?
Lazyness is a virtue, so be plurals.

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

The trouble with 30 mins is the lack of being able to play ABBA or similar there is just not enough time to get both in.

I'll look at RTV options and see if a longer cooldown can be setup.

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

I've changed RTV to the following:

RTV will change map on Round End not Instantly.
RTV initial delay has been set to 15 mins (900 seconds).

Any probs please let me know.