All questions will get our full attention
ripexz
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Engy limit

Post by ripexz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Diggers wrote:Image
Yay, I'm there too.
Well, going as a spy with so many engies = profit! :D

Hmm, I don't think it's that bad. Just brings some variety to the usual strategies. :D
I remember a couple months ago Ruairio persuaded everyone to go engy on a map too. We had 13 engies defending one CP and it was fooking hilarious. :lol:

Meh. I don't really care. :D It's good either way. :)
:sniper: :Spy:

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:59 pm

I agree, the change of pace is annoying, but it's still refreshing. I especially find it amusing how some engies try to save their mini-sentries and get blown to bits alongside them. It's they completely ignore anything the description says beyond "Builds 4x faster"
Great job, BBloke!

Renax

Post by Renax » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 am

I'd like a Limit too, It's fun for a short time, but gets really annoying when you want to play the game the right way. It doesn't have to last forever either as mentioned.
ripexz wrote:We had 13 engies defending one CP and it was fooking hilarious.
Something new and different is always funny :) But when there's an update (well At least I), I'd like to play it the right way ^^
Ren, Just Ren!

Diggers

Post by Diggers » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am

@Anubis: Don't bring me down man, the update will go and you and Advent will have your seven medics and I'll be back in the middle of the scoreboard.

I'm glad we didn't have a limit, if only for the lols that occured. Taking advent's tele up to the ledge on goldrush, then entering a race with about 5 engies to destroy it, while Advent shouts at them. A race I won by the way.

No limit FTW
BBloke is credit to Fester's team!
http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561198005020805

Devvil

Post by Devvil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 am

Also sappiung their shit is fun :D

Fester

Post by Fester » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 pm

i do love to see these topics EVERY!!!! class update.. the question you have to ask yourself though really is this a server that will ever impose a class limit at any point? ... no is the answer :D

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Feck the limit as its never gonna happen!
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Diggers wrote:@Anubis: Don't bring me down man, the update will go and you and Advent will have your seven medics and I'll be back in the middle of the scoreboard.....
sorry Dig - didnt mean that :D
all i said was - u are a good skilled player , u can top the list (if thats your goal) without engi update ;-)
sorry again if it sounded diferent i can blame my poor english (thank god ) :greentoke: :lol: :lol:

@fest - it allways nice to see people thoughts , especially when i know servers policy :D

im still glad "people are going back to normal" and we manage to combine a nice attacking team yesterday - focudsing on match goals and not personal ones :D

if its 10 engis (out of 16 blues ... ) or 2 , i just love playing with guys (and dharma + ten + anna ;-) ) and moan in your ears :D

cheers festers :drinking:

JJzer0

Post by JJzer0 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Fester wrote:i do love to see these topics EVERY!!!! class update.. the question you have to ask yourself though really is this a server that will ever impose a class limit at any point? ... no is the answer :D
Personally I Don't like class limits and yes, near on every major class update alters the dynamic of the game for a few weeks. However the engineer update has altered TEAM play in a totally different way than any other update, by making many (not all) those playing engineer selfish and missing the point about the game and the classes. As per my last post, having 7 engineers at spawn creating sentries that half didn't see action (due to a cunning pyro), the enemy reaching the first cap with hardly any opposition and not a dispenser in sight for your team mates, makes the game as boring as hell for me.

Of course there is always going to be players who forget that it's about teamwork like those who do kamikaze stunts trying for a fast fix to take point E (ie the fools trap way) that results in a weakened split team on the Steel map. So it will be good when some more teamwork returns.

Advent

Post by Advent » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:20 am

Aye JJ it always is, give it a few days and people will be bored of playing with the new toys and we'll find a balance again.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova