My first (kinda) rage quit

All questions will get our full attention
Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: My first (kinda) rage quit

Post by Johnimus Prime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 am

Lots of good and valid points here from both sides of the argument.

My personal stance is that I don't want to see re-spawn times. I have to disagree with you there Joe, as I think would a majority if Festers place regs - many of whom come here because there aren't any respawn times.

The problem is, as has been stated, that on a 32 player server with instaspawn there are going to be those maps with bottlenecks that can become dominated by one team. Avanti is a perfect example of this.

The only way the problem is going to be resolved without upsetting the way Festers Place is set up is to remove the maps altogether - as happened (much to my own dismay) with Avanti.

What it boils down to is that you can't always please everyone, which is a shame.

As Advent says, if its' really one sided then you can do the voteshuffle. The flipside of that, as BBloke stated, is that even if one team is dominating the map itself, the other team can still get the intelligence out - this happened in a game I was playing the other night. Sneaky bastards!
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

cockijoe

Post by cockijoe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Dont change anything thats not broken and yes JP avanti should never off been removed.

Taekwon-joe
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Taekwon-joe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Don't get me started on avanti :roll: I think Festers Place is split down the middle between those that love it and those that hate it. Its the marmite map.

Again my point is not about unfair teams. In fact i imagine those long tedious bottlenecks are more likely to occur when teams are even.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of maps we play regularly that have a nice even game play flow with the instaspawn, e.g. badlands, granary, fastlane, badwater. Stalemates still occur quite often but usually more interesting than just shooting down the same bottleneck for 20 minutes.

Im gonna stop my bitchin though cos i think ive brought this up before and nothing ever came of it :lol:
Just thought it would be a nice improvement to some maps.

Johnimus Prime

Post by Johnimus Prime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Taekwon-joe wrote:
Im gonna stop my bitchin
Haha yeah man - it's Friday

Quit your whinging and lets start binging! ;)
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

Advent

Post by Advent » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Don't worry about it Joe, you take the time to make some good points and you've obviously thought them through. Even though i agree that for certain stalemate situations on maps like warpath a longer spawn would aid in completing the objective, it's not a change i'd personally support.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

Taekwon-joe

Post by Taekwon-joe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Johnimus Prime wrote:Quit your whinging and lets start binging! ;)
That should be the official Friday night motto. :lol:

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:25 am

avanti has not been removed afaik, it just doesn't appear in the nominate list. It gets nominated every couple of maps and wins most of the votes. Its still there on the server and will possibly/probably be in the rotation, once one gets done.

Marmite map!!!!!! Excellent description :D
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Buttnose

Post by Buttnose » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Any chance of another vote for map rotation? It feels like I'm playing steel every other map.

jacksoft LTD

Post by jacksoft LTD » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:11 pm

HAHA Avanti everyone hates it everyone loves it (everyone says they hate it then it gets nominated) :D
Image Image

Love Sausage

Post by Love Sausage » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't believe the voting works whenever Avanti appears on the list, and it defaults to the first map alphabetically. I've never seen it lose a vote, and nobody seems to vote for it.