horrid map-pool

All questions will get our full attention
Jonni The Juicy Jew

horrid map-pool

Post by Jonni The Juicy Jew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 pm

I cba to help out any more than i'm gonna do right now because i'm clear on how much it will actually help. here's a list of maps that should be put in / taken out of the map-list on your damn servers.
take out:
ctf_2fort
cp_omahabeach_all_versions_must_die
ctf_aerospace_b4
ctf_geothermal_is_the_most_retarded_map_ever
plr_pipeline
pl_swiftwater
pl_goldrush

put in:

pl_badwater
cp_gullywash
cp_yukon
cp_obscure_b4
cp_erosion
cp_freight
cp_fastlane
pl_hoodoo
ctf_sawmill

If you like my suggestions so far you can contact me and let me make the complete map-pool. I have some spare time in the weekend and could make you guys a completely fresh map-pool.

Not expecting you guys to care or even want to remove all the shitty maps that you love so much. so have fun with my useless attempt at making this server and our community better!!

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: horrid map-pool

Post by Fester » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:23 pm

hey Jonni nice one mate... you insulted everyone from Festers place go you!!!!

people voted on the maps that are in current rotation....

:grow:

but hey always like to get some input ;) plus these fecking "pro" players no nothing of a drunk fueled random shit map playing hehe

suggestions welcome though

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 pm

you forgot to put ctf overdose on your take-out order which comes with free prawn crackers! :lol:
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

Pogue Mahone

Post by Pogue Mahone » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

I agree with most of them, Pipeline's not a bad map but it's just spam on 32man. Omahabeach is just awful, what's your beef with aerospace ?

Sharp Dagger

Post by Sharp Dagger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Aerospace lags on low PC's. Unfortunately, I agree with him. At least put gullywash in, it is 100% awesome.
EDIT: In fact after reading it again, I agree with every single take-out, and put-in :o

Jonni The Juicy Jew

Post by Jonni The Juicy Jew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 pm

As you guys might have noticed i'm mostly going off the list of competetive maps that ETF2L uses but I can work on a better, more 32 player shitstorm oriented, map-pool which I am sure you guys will like.

I can't believe people voted on the map-pool as it is now. you people should try to understand a map before voting for it just because it has a cool name... Please, whoever is doing the map-pool, come to me so we can discuss this, I find myself ragequitting festers so damn often because of maps nowadays...

Flynnstone

Post by Flynnstone » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Yes people your all stupid, stop voting for maps you like! vote for ones competitive players want to play!
Who's this Bloke guy?

Pogue Mahone

Post by Pogue Mahone » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Flynnstone wrote:Yes people your all stupid, stop voting for maps you like! vote for ones competitive players want to play!
that's not exactly the case i think jonni's got a point, maps like cp_omahabeach really shouldnt be anywhere near the map rotation, but I guess it's up to the community
Last edited by Pogue Mahone on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flynnstone

Post by Flynnstone » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Your right he's just saying he knows better.

edit: I'm not saying I like all the new maps in the rotation incidentally, I hate some of them.
Who's this Bloke guy?

m.tt

Post by m.tt » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am

Jonni The Juicy Jew wrote:Not expecting you guys to care or even want to remove all the shitty maps that you love so much. so have fun with my useless attempt at making this server and our community better!!
Yes, removing all the maps everyone loves will make it a much better community! [/s]

Although I'm sure everyone has maps they don't like, your post came across to me like this:

"You're all dumb and picked shit maps because of their names, I know better and my way is better for everyone"

So my thoughts...
A: go flagellate yourself with beaver entrails and leave us alone to play our shit maps.
B: Try putting your suggestions across in a different way but keep in mind people play for different reasons and enjoy different things about the game/community/maps so there's always going to be something someone doesn't like.
C: These are just my suggestions though, feel free to disregard.
The Pyyyyro is a spy!