Cheapest equipment thread

All questions will get our full attention
oldmeme

Re: Cheapest equipment thread

Post by oldmeme » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 pm

crucial.eu or shop4memory.com for all your memory troubles (I think crucial are cheaper on average). If you can piggyback on company vat loss, dabs4work.ie will do you proud for everything else. If you can't, komplett will do the job.

Knails

Post by Knails » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 pm

I'd be wary of scan, I am currently battling with them over the headset I returned because it broke.
They told me they had received a replacement and they were dispatching it, 2 hours later the story had changed.
Now they cannot receive a replacement and can only offer me a £10 refund on my £50 headset that was still within warranty.

I CALL BULLSHIT.

Sharp Dagger
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Sharp Dagger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 am

TO THE COURTS!!!

m.tt
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by m.tt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Knails wrote:I'd be wary of scan, I am currently battling with them over the headset I returned because it broke.
They told me they had received a replacement and they were dispatching it, 2 hours later the story had changed.
Now they cannot receive a replacement and can only offer me a £10 refund on my £50 headset that was still within warranty.

I CALL BULLSHIT.
I second that, I made an order from scan just before christmas and paid for next day before 12pm delivery. The parcel arrived 4 days late, sure not their fault, but I contacted them 3 times before I got a reply about postage refund. The reply was that I'd failed to contact them within time for them to get any refund from the courier.

I pointed out the first request was with a RMA request which they'd replied to (so I knew they got the first message!) and that I'd be sure to pass on my experiences of scan customer services to anyone I know.

Next day and suddenly 'the courier' decided they will now compensate me for late devilery. (The same courier scan told me it was too late to ask for refund/compensation.)

So nice prices but feels like a battle if something is wrong. I am still awaiting the replacement harddrive from my order on the 18th of December.
The Pyyyyro is a spy!

Knails

Post by Knails » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 pm

They have certainly lowered themselves from being a TRUSTED retailer in my mind.
they are now sitting around DUBIOUS and are dangerously close to SHIT