2 FORT Payload Video

All questions will get our full attention
olleman
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: 2 FORT Payload Video

Post by olleman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:22 pm

The last little choke where the players can help push the cart is more than silly as it lets the pushing team keep it there almost indefinitely (given, of course, that they have access to that little space).

CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by CAMBO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Well there is only 1 way to find out for sure.
But anyway - i didnt design the map - im just suggesting we give it a go if poss as players are saying they want more payload maps [ well i am anyway ]

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Indefinately is a pretty long time.

A bit like eternity which is especially long near the end.

Haroshi
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Haroshi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:16 am

I reckon if the track made a left before reds courtyard , then a right, so the cart dropped into the intel room it might work better.

Or even just a bigger corridor at the end, because having it only slightly wider than the cart seems like a pretty bad idea.

MuG

Post by MuG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I joined the server that these maps are hosted on to have a look. They have all kinds of 2fort there.
But from the few maps i played I noticed 1 thing linking all maps. It wasn't 2fort :mrgreen: bad editing is everywhere on every map. He's cut up bits of 2fort and has connected bits that weren't connected for good reason. FPS takes a major dive when half the level is visible because of said new passage. Also the drop from sewer to near intel is soo badly done. You can drop down, You should be able to rocketjump up again, but because of the way he's mapped it(Water too deep/shallow= can't stand right to jump) you can't! :mrgreen:
It's a nice idea is 2fort payload, But I think it suffers from the same problems that most edits of official maps do. Bad editing! :(

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Since i first posted about this ive only been back to play it properly once and most of the comments about it do bear out.

I suppose the fact that i love cashworks, railroad and frontier is not just because they are payload maps but because as Mug suggests they are well done.

Also it proves how there is demand for this type of map with the fact that gorge has been pretty well received since Mug did his bit and got it on Festers and it has to be said it has numerous issues that could be better resolved.

I think there is a lot of scope for payload maps where there is more of the race element with the 2 carts at once and i would like to see this applied to Warpath and Lazytown for instance as they are already 2 relatively glitch free maps.

And as regards level design in general it seems to me that most of us get pissed off where players can fire into or out of spawn but for me a good player is always going to exploit any parts of a map that greatly increase the kill ratio.

It all comes back to the holy grail of map design which is challenging but balanced gameplay.

As for 2fort payload then maybe someone can produce a more honed version that we can get to play on FESTERS.