other servers banning people who have halos

All questions will get our full attention
m.tt
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: other servers banning people who have halos

Post by m.tt » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

I got no hats from idling. But I am slightly offended at being labeled a cheater for trying to make
the most of a shitty drop system. But if idlers = cheaters. Why didn't valve/steam ban all cheaters!

Someone can make a 'halos for everyone' server mod I expect, then instead of banning, those server
admins can just run that!
The Pyyyyro is a spy!

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:48 pm

im happy to say that ive been playing on and off all morning and i havent seen any halo haters doing anything other then focus firing on those with halos which is fair enough, i tip my halo to all u haters who are mature enough to get over it and not ruin the game for others, this is why festers place is the best server on tf2 and why it will remain so till the end of time or we all stop donating whichever comes first
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey m.tt, I think it's a bit harsh that you're being called a cheater too.

However, you were using another program to try to squeeze extra something extra out of the game, so while I wouldn't consider you a cheater, you're not exactly playing by the rules.

In similar gaming terms, I guess it isn't nearly as bad a using an aimbot, but would be like using a WoW bot to farm gold for you!

Either way, Valve seem to be annoyed by it, but as I think the whole drop system (and fuck it, stupid levelled weapons and hats in the first place) is ridiculous, they have to shoulder most of the blame for changing the game into one where items are commodities! Why couldn't they just leave the whole achievements system as it was? There was absolutely nothing broekn about it and instead they have given us a stupid system where things are beginning to matter more than gameplay!

Personally, though, I think the worst of the bunch are the Halo haters. Just because a player couldn't be arsed using the idle servers, those that did and got their stuff taken away are throwing a hissy fit and acting like a bunch of 8 year olds!
To all those Halo Haterrs out there, fuck off and play with your My Little Pony instead, there is an age limit on the game, you know!

SmokeDef

Post by SmokeDef » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Well ....cheaters or not cheaters
If you consider cheating to be using a third party program to alter the game then the idlers could be called cheaters.
Now you say: Ridiculous
Even if you're not using a thrid party program you could cheat.
FP runs sv_pure for a good reason. For example, every texture in source comes with at least 2 files.
One being the actual texture itself, the other file is a textfile defining the texture,
telling the engine if the tex is reflective, for a model or world brush, transparent, alpha channel and so on.
Now if you know what to do you could add lots of text files to your tf2 and have transparent walls.
Not a third party program but still a wallhack.

...sooo ...where does cheating start and modding the game becomes just an excuse?
And if people to start fucking around ingame because somebody has a halo and they don't, I'm not going to ban them.
I don't ban so quickly. I wouldn't even kick them, just gently slap the shit out of them and make them leave on their own.
This has always been a big pleasure and it mentally fucks them up really good.

Toco

Post by Toco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:50 pm

well so much for the good streak banned the first hater for an hour, told him haters arnt welcome at festers and he replied with a soundclip so he got a hour long ban and im gonna continue to be a hard ass, on that note i dont wanna see people with halos doing the same shit not healing people without halos and so forth as it will result in the same punishment from me. on a side note anyone using a 3rd party program to exploit the game in anyway is considered cheating on any respected games and should be treated as such

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:54 pm

SmokeDef wrote:Well ....cheaters or not cheaters
If you consider cheating to be using a third party program to alter the game then the idlers could be called cheaters.
FP runs sv_pure for a good reason. For example, every texture in source comes with at least 2 files.
One being the actual texture itself, the other file is a textfile defining the texture,
telling the engine if the tex is reflective, for a model or world brush, transparent, alpha channel and so on.
Now if you know what to do you could add lots of text files to your tf2 and have transparent walls.

...sooo ...where does cheating start and modding the game becomes just an excuse?
And if people to start fucking around ingame because somebody has a halo and they don't, I'm not going to ban them.
I don't ban so quickly. I wouldn't even kick them, just gently slap the shit out of them and make them leave on their own.
Fair enough Smoke, although I guess being the cynical bastard that I am, I would imagine that all of the haters will be idiots anyway!

Buttnose

Post by Buttnose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:03 pm

halohaters, lol

Toco

Post by Toco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:19 pm

LazyEagle wrote:
SmokeDef wrote:Well ....cheaters or not cheaters

Fair enough Smoke, although I guess being the cynical bastard that I am, I would imagine that all of the haters will be idiots anyway!

i dont know aboot that lazy, id say ur just like me and u just dont have faith in humanity as a whole as 95% of people are fuckwads that cry aboot everything that isnt how they want it, what the world needs is another crusade to cleance the world of fuckwads, problem being is then we would be on the endangered species list

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Toco wrote:

i dont know aboot that lazy, id say ur just like me and u just dont have faith in humanity as a whole as 95% of people are fuckwads that cry aboot everything that isnt how they want it, what the world needs is another crusade to cleance the world of fuckwads, problem being is then we would be on the endangered species list
Yeah, the idiots are bound to win!

HitmanTJ03

Post by HitmanTJ03 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 pm

It always amazes me just how fucking mornonic and childish people can be. I'd say you'd be doing the people of Fester's place a good service if you were to ban any cunt who decides to act like an 8 y/o.
The Game.
THIS ISN'T STRAWBERRY, IT'S RAWBERRY