Decent Music player program?

All questions will get our full attention
Jonnywhy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Decent Music player program?

Post by Jonnywhy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:26 pm

I started to use Spotify yesterday at work, and I have to say it's very impressive, pretty much any music you can think of is on there. Ok there's the odd advert but there's about 30 seconds every 20 mins so can't really complain. Maybe give that a go? Prog Metal for me :)
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

oldmeme

Post by oldmeme » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Innonexess wrote:I thought everyone harps on about VLC player? I've never tried to use it extensively, but that could be an idea?
VLC player is great because it can play just about any program and is nice and easy to pack on a mem. stick or such. As a full blow media program, it's sub-par.

Buttnose
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Buttnose » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Tried songbird a few weeks ago, loved the extra features (especially the artist info and radio), but began to notice random delays when playing music which put me off, although its still pinned to my start menu.

I originally started using foobar2k as a low resource usage alternative to itunes but stuck with it even after upgrading to a much better computer. As I'm writing this foobar is using 16mb whereas songbird is using 107mb, which to me means that I can keep another resource hogging app open without effecting my TF2 loading speed :lol: I've got 33gb of music and although it may not be a large collection I find it very easy to browse just by using the artist filter. Its my favourite music player.