Server games and activities suggestions

All questions will get our full attention
(KK) Fogold
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Server games and activities suggestions

Post by (KK) Fogold » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 am

I have recently discovered a few server activities that are just bits of fun (probably best on the kareoke server)

Sabotage:

At the beggining of a round, one member of each team is randomly selected to be the sabotuer. The rest of the team do not know who the sabotuer is on their team. The sabotuer's job is to try and stop his team from winning. However, the team must not know who the sabotuer is. This ussually results in clever tactics (ubers are so fun to waste :D). Of course, if one sabotuer's team wins, that sabotuer loses. The losing team will then have to take a vote on who they think is the sabotuer. If the sabotuer is discovered, he loses too. Only if the team get it wrong, the sabotuer wins.

Domination:

A sub game that can be played between groups has developed based on this in game feature. In this the participating members are given the name of another player they have to dominate. When they have succesfully dominated a player they inform them they are the target and the player leaves the domination game after giving their nemesis the name of their target.

Various rules like screen shots and playing time have been added to prevent winning by not playing / avoiding other members.

The sub game continues until only one person is left standing.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to implement these sorts of things, but it has been done before on the VGN clan servers. Any ideas?

"Pure Fog, Old Boy!"

kam1kaze

Re: Server games and activities suggestions

Post by kam1kaze » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Sabotage sounds interesting, but what tools would the saboteur have at their disposal other than just playing like a twat? I think it would be cool if you could freeze players for a few seconds or turn on beacons. That way you could really mess up ubers and piss off spys.

As for the domination, I don't think that would last too long with some of the players on this server. How about we just declare advent the winner and be done with it.

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 pm

I think these sound a bit too organised. When you playd them on the other server was it on a locked server with a set number of people?

I think the public nature and the dropin dropout would mean explaingin the rules very time consuming.

Unless it is a plugin in which case it would be a bit easier to explain but still take a lot of organising!!

Sharp Dagger

Post by Sharp Dagger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

YamNivek wrote: I think the public nature and the dropin dropout would mean explaingin the rules very time consuming.
avanti's still on the server

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 pm

True but the rules to avanti can be explained quite quickly.

"DROP THE FUCKING INTEL AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!"

hehe

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:08 pm

or type wtfavanti
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

(KK) Fogold

Post by (KK) Fogold » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 am

I think it is actually a plugin, but I couldn't find it. Also, the VGN clan server uses it, and its a completely public server, and quite a famous one too. They make the kritzkast podcasts, where I found out about these games.

The domination game only uses the people who have signed up for it, so there shouldn't be confusion with newcomers since they aren't actually playing if they havn't signed up.

From what I heard, there's no special improvements for the sabotuer in sabotage, and it actaully sounds pretty interesting idea, but surely at the beggining of a round, he could just freeze spam everybody. Also, it isn't made to be greatly game changing, just a little addition to the fun.

p.s I'm in California at the moment. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLSUCKERSLOL.

"Pure Fog, Old Boy!"

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:08 pm

bosco is a natural born saboteur! More to the point, I don't think we need more rules 'n' stuff to follow. What's wrong with point and click to kill?
Great job, BBloke!

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:45 am

Exterminatus wrote:What's wrong with point and click to kill?
*Point and click to miss wildly. You overestimate us!

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:22 am

Supernova wrote:*Point and click to miss wildly. You overestimate us!
The general concept still applies.
Great job, BBloke!