Server games and activities suggestions

All questions will get our full attention
Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: Server games and activities suggestions

Post by Johnimus Prime » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I think there are those of us who unwittingly sabotage the game each time we play so I'm not sure that would work :greentoke:
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

nitrus

Post by nitrus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am

I think any mod needs to be simple enough for anyone dropping by to be able to pick it up and get on with it. Someone mention freezing earlier.... when I first started playing Q2 <cough> years ago, Barrysworld ran a Freeze Tag server. In that, when killed, you would not die but become frozen in a block of ice. You could spin around and see the game going on around you. One of your team mates could thaw you if they could stand next to you constantly for the 5 seconds it took to defrost you. There were variables built into the mod so you could bind keys to say things like "HELP! I'm chillin' near %l and the camping bastard %n is guarding me!" COurse back then, games didn't have the content they do now so any change from frag, spawn, frag, spawn was good :-)

Regards
nitrus

Jonnywhy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Jonnywhy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 am

Wow, that sounds pretty good. I reckon in a 32 player game it would take a long while, but if you're a strategist (oh, none of them here :() it would be a great game.
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

nitrus

Post by nitrus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Jonnywhy wrote:Wow, that sounds pretty good. I reckon in a 32 player game it would take a long while, but if you're a strategist (oh, none of them here :() it would be a great game.
The servers back then were lucky to get 8v8... but I think through popularity this one managed to reach the dizzy heights of 12v12

nitrus