Pl_zig_b9?

All questions will get our full attention
Emeriastone
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Pl_zig_b9?

Post by Emeriastone » Thu May 14, 2009 1:31 am

Hi all.

You don't know me, but I've been on your tf2 server before during the tf2maps.net payload contest to play the previous versions of pl_zig, and I'm stopping by to say hello, and to let you know that I've updated my map, pl_zig to beta 9, which is a small update that includes a custom cart model.

The map needs a lot of work, and I'm far from finished with this map, so please send along your concerns and issues with this map so that I can fix them and make this map a lot better for you. I am completely open to suggestions/fixes.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/75786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again for hosting previous versions of this map. See you on the server!

Fester

Re: Pl_zig_b9?

Post by Fester » Thu May 14, 2009 9:27 am

Has there been much optimizing done on the map.. we found it almost unplayable on 32 man server but plays great when only smaller numbers :)

thanks for taking the time to let us know it was updated :)

Emeriastone

Re: Pl_zig_b9?

Post by Emeriastone » Thu May 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Fester wrote:Has there been much optimizing done on the map.. we found it almost unplayable on 32 man server but plays great when only smaller numbers :)

thanks for taking the time to let us know it was updated :)
Nah, this update was pretty small--just to utilize the custom cart model. Now that I have some experience with modeling, I'll be able to turn a good deal of brushwork in the map into models, to save on fps. And to further that, the map needs to be completely revised, which I plan on doing in the next coming weeks. Hopefully, you won't recognize this map after I'm done with it.

I'm really not happy with what I've got so far, so please post your problems with it so I can do my best.