engi class limit when the update goes live?

All questions will get our full attention

should we set a engi limit after the update goes live for a couple weeks?

Poll ended at Mon May 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh Hell yea!
24%
Don't You Fucking Dare!
65%
Eh? Oh, Dont Know
12%

Total votes: 34

DragoonKnight
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Re: engi class limit when the update goes live?

Post by DragoonKnight » Sat May 08, 2010 1:00 pm

i say yes to the limit but maybe only if avanti comes up as blue are gonna struggle getting past the 2nd point
with there being 5+ engineers with lvl 3 sentries.
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat May 08, 2010 1:06 pm

maybe we should talk on what "limit" means ?

1 is something i dont vote for , but limiting for lets say 5-6 seems logic to me , for reds most of the time - (as playing defence) no limit needed , if they want to play with 16 SG's - their prob) but for blue ? (as attackers)
i would limit even to 2-3 ...
any case - we'll get through it as through all other updates even if it means most of the time server empty - as in sniper update .... :D :D :D

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Sat May 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Solution to dealing with 16 engineers with lvl 3 sentries: 8 ubers (not kritzkrieg as you'll be dead in a few sec) with demoman or soldier taking out 2 sentries per uber.
although i guess u could uber a spy to help.
ImageImageImage

Flynnstone

Post by Flynnstone » Sat May 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Ye a couple of ubers and a scout to play target and bye bye sentries......which is what im looking forward to :mrgreen:

I don't think its going to be as annoying as the other updates to be honest unless the update brings a major change to the engies play style.
Who's this Bloke guy?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat May 08, 2010 2:17 pm

DragoonKnight wrote:Solution to dealing with 16 engineers with lvl 3 sentries: 8 ubers (not kritzkrieg as you'll be dead in a few sec) with demoman or soldier taking out 2 sentries per uber.

ubers ??
what ubers ???
blue will prolly have 16 SG's of their own .... :roll:

DragoonKnight

Post by DragoonKnight » Sat May 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Anubis wrote:
DragoonKnight wrote:Solution to dealing with 16 engineers with lvl 3 sentries: 8 ubers (not kritzkrieg as you'll be dead in a few sec) with demoman or soldier taking out 2 sentries per uber.

ubers ??
what ubers ???
blue will prolly have 16 SG's of their own .... :roll:
but not on maps like dustbowl, avanti and badwater as blue are gonna need to do an almighty push if they are to progress.
ImageImageImage

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat May 08, 2010 3:22 pm

u are asumming they'll care about thier team and the team success and not personal achivments ....
if it was that way - this thread wouldnt have any reason to start ....
but since its obbviouse for some here that it is going to b different ...

this server hosts a lot of "stand alone" players , those that come to play for themsaelves and their own goals (which a lot of times contredicts team goal ) ...

but as jased say - feck it ...

:greentoke: :greentoke:

Exterminatus
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Exterminatus » Sat May 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Anubis wrote:u are asumming they'll care about thier team and the team success and not personal achivments ....

this server hosts a lot of "stand alone" players , those that come to play for themsaelves and their own goals (which a lot of times contredicts team goal ) ...

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! SHUN! SHUUUUN!
There won't be 16 sentries on the attacking team. There won't be 16 sentries on the defending team. There will be bit more engies, sure. So that means bit more demomen, ubers and spies to fight the annoying ass sentry farm. And if not, then you're free to take a vacation. Hell the update is months away and you're already moaning.

Look at it like this: it'll be the last class update. You've survived several already. You'll survive this one.
Great job, BBloke!

Toco
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Toco » Sat May 08, 2010 3:39 pm

i feel i should remind everyone that im saying limit the number of engis not ban then from use or anything, just talking the difference between 5 engis on each team compared to 10+, that and remember most of the people will be n00b engis sitting behind there sentrys smacking away, not the favorite target of half the server that ive become as i run around beating people with my wrench, simple put its gonna be the difference of a go no where turtle or an enjoyable game
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat May 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Exterminatus wrote:
Anubis wrote:u are asumming they'll care about thier team and the team success and not personal achivments ....

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! SHUN! SHUUUUN!
There won't be 16 sentries on the attacking team. There won't be 16 sentries on the defending team. There will be bit more engies, sure. So that means bit more demomen, ubers and spies to fight the annoying ass sentry farm. And if not, then you're free to take a vacation. Hell the update is months away and you're already moaning.

Look at it like this: it'll be the last class update. You've survived several already. You'll survive this one.

read all the thread ... not what u want ....

as i wrote a few messages above :

maybe we should talk on what "limit" means ?

1 is something i dont vote for , but limiting for lets say 5-6 seems logic to me , for reds most of the time - (as playing defence) no limit needed , if they want to play with 16 SG's - their prob) but for blue ? (as attackers)
i would limit even to 2-3 ...
any case - we'll get through it as through all other updates even if it means most of the time server empty - as in sniper update ....

stop moaning Exter .... :P