oldmeme

Post by oldmeme » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm just going to discuss the order of players being signed up and the method we'll use for players being able to play.

Basically, the system will be made out in such a way that would be best should a demand arise for the matches and a more fair method than first-come, first-servered.

In the event of 18 players:

In the event of 18 players signing up for one of the Pug matches, it's a simple matter of adding your name to the list. From there, all names will be put into a hat and be devided like so:
  • 6 Players for team Red
  • 6 Players for team Blu
  • 6 Subs, each with a designated number. Should a player leave, Sub no.1 wall take his/her place, should another, Sub no.2 will take his/her place and so on.
It is however, unlikely that the Subs from 3-6 will be used in most cases, but should try to be online at least (you could still hang around the Fester's servers for example), should the unfortunate happen. All Subs will have the choice however to take up a Spectator seat. Should they not want it, a mini sign up would be allowed for anyone wanting to take the slot, however they would not take up a Sub slot, they merely get a spec seat.

The week after the above game has happened

After the above game, any of the previous twelve players who played (if you didn't show up due to work etc, you will be counted as a Sub) will be put aside to a sperate hat. Then any Subs from the previous game and any new comers interested will be put into a hat and assigned to a team. Any slots left over will be given to the randomly chosen previous 12 players, should they wish/be able to contest.

The reason behind this is to lower the chance of getting that one unlucky sod who entered into three games and only into the Subs every time. It doesn't eliminate the chance entirely, but does make it far less likely.

Should a greater demand come for these games(!), we may even extend games to two seperate matches (Early Bird matches and Late Nighter matches, all optimised for whatever country the players live in, plans for certain times etc.) or even have Sunday night games for those who can make it.

Let me know what you think and keep your fingers crossed if you entered :rattled: :lol:

Alternatively
(can't believe I only thought of this now, much simpliler system)

Another way we could go around this is, in the case of 18 sign ups, we could have 3 teams per night(!). Each team would then face off against one another on 2 random, 30 minute maps from a list (more on that later) or one hour long map (I say 30 minutes but we'll try to not cut off matches for the sake of 10 more minutes). This means everyone gets little over 2 hours of play time in total. Again, this is a much simpiler and happy system that I think could work a lot better than the mess I made above :P

In the case of under 18 players however, we may need to stick to the above and just roll with subs.

Taekwon-joe
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Sign Up System (Now with added fairness!)

Post by Taekwon-joe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 pm

The last one sounds better. Even if you dont get 18 to sign up we could always pop over to festers server on the night and grab a few players. Im sure the numbers will be made somehow.

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Fester » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:57 pm

i like the idea of having three teams myself but been able to keep 18 people in the one spot from 8pm to 12pm is going to very hard :)

but my vote is for 3 teams if there is enough players

MuG

Post by MuG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I think the 2nd option is fairer overall. 3 teams would be great if 18 players can be got and not disappear to various places.
Another possibility with 18 players is to do a round or 2 of 9vs9 highlander. Or maybe just afterwards for a laugh :mrgreen: