Should The Dead Ringer be banned within the Pugs?

Oldmeme & Chairman's Saturday night fun and games

Should the Dead Ringer be banned?

Yes, ban it! It's far too annoying/overpowered to be played in this 6v6 environment.
59%
No, don't ban it! Without it, we may not see any more spies in these games, and I don't want that.
18%
Possibly, I'm indifferent on the subject.
23%

Total votes: 22

Doomzor
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Should The Dead Ringer be banned within the Pugs?

Post by Doomzor » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 pm

zzz Mug go use the dead ringer on festers place when there are tons of spychecking (3-4 pyros on each team most of the time) and then tell me they have a hard time killing you.

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MeDiC

Post by MeDiC » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm

FAN is incredibly annoying but is allowed atm in offical 6v6 (etf2l).
and yes dead ringer should still be banned cause it is still ridiculous :gun:

Crimson Edge

Post by Crimson Edge » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:07 pm

People only find the FaN rediculous due to its stopping power, the description given for it may say that it is weaker than the scattergun but the FaN has a increased pellet load which increases the damage capabilities due to the increased pellet amount over the same spread range of the scattergun, this results in anything below a soldier being able to be killed in 2 shots when a FaN scout gets within a specific range aka the 'Kill zone'.

oldmeme

Post by oldmeme » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Crimson Edge wrote:this results in anything below a soldier being able to be killed in 2 shots when a FaN scout gets within a specific range aka the 'Kill zone'.
Actually, since the 10% boost in the Fan's attack, it can now kill even a Soldier with two well placed shots :P

Crimson Edge

Post by Crimson Edge » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:55 pm

oldmeme wrote:
Crimson Edge wrote:this results in anything below a soldier being able to be killed in 2 shots when a FaN scout gets within a specific range aka the 'Kill zone'.
Actually, since the 10% boost in the Fan's attack, it can now kill even a Soldier with two well placed shots :P
More joy for me then :-D

MuG

Post by MuG » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Doomzor wrote:zzz Mug go use the dead ringer on festers place when there are tons of spychecking (3-4 pyros on each team most of the time) and then tell me they have a hard time killing you.
Then dont run into pyros, use cloak get behind them and stab them. Bottom line is: no spy should be safe from 1 reasonably skilled aware pyro @ close range. This is the whole point of class conflicts: spy/pyro, sniper/heavy, scout/sniper, pyro/demoman.

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:32 pm

No spy is safe from a reasonably skilled aware pyro, that's just not true. For that to happen, I'd have to use the DR and then change direction quickly to avoid the second flame (being the first flame the flame that ignites the DR) and in case you didn't get the point that's a rather hard thing to do. Only thing the pyro needs to do is to chase me for 7 secs, I'll either die on the way or die when I run out of cloak (and yes, the pyro can kill me while cloaked if he uses the flames, I think its because every single flame deals at least 1 damage so here is your dear spy/pyro balance).

You play Spy, Sharp plays Pyro, and play cat and mouse for a bit and then tell me if he was able to kill you most of the times or not.

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:05 am

The decision has been made, and now the arguments have nothing to do with 6v6 anymore. Time to put this one to bed :-D
Nicely done Bbloke!!