Should The Sandman be banned within the Pugs?(Recount)

Oldmeme & Chairman's Saturday night fun and games

Should the Sandman be banned during Pug matches?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes! It's vastly overpowered under these circumstances!
53%
No! It opens the Scout to take on a wider variety of situations and take matters into his own hands!
12%
Possibly. I'd like to see some restrictions on it at least.
18%
Possibly. I don't see it as much a a threat.
No votes
Possibly. I'd want to see how it would affect the matches first hand before I decide.
18%

Total votes: 17

oldmeme

Should The Sandman be banned within the Pugs?(Recount)

Post by oldmeme » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Alright, we seemed to have a few duds sadly in the last poll because I wasn't being clear enough on what server I was talking about, and it then messed up when I tried a recount. So I'm just starting this new poll up to hopefully get a better stance on the subject, and to save time instead of clearing up the last. And just so we are all clear:

This Ban would not extend to the Fester's Place server or the Kareoke server, it would remain within these organised matches on the ME-ME-OW Server. If you do not intend to play in these games, please do not vote!

Copy & Paste from the last thead:
oldmeme wrote: In the competitive TF2 world, The Sandman is banned because it dramatically changes the game with so few players. Should we abide to this rule in the future also, or will we let it slide?

I ask this because Scout is probably one of the most valuable team members in 6v6 Matches and every team is going to need at least 1.

Arguably, stunning players is pretty tough to work against if the Scout has good aim. And with ten second respawn times, this could really break the game in the right hands.

So what are your takes on it?

Alternatively, we could set up rules about it such as:
  • Class limits of 2 Scouts per team with the Normal bat
  • Class limits of 1 Scout per team with the Sandman
(The second would limit the team to one scout entirely, not 1 Scout with the Normal bat and 1 with the Sandman)

Anubis

Re: Should The Sandman be banned within the Pugs?(Recount)

Post by Anubis » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:19 pm

since i understood it the first time , it didnt change anything , but , if u'd say it INCLUDES main server , i would vote - BAN the little fuckers boink stick ;-) :greentoke:

Innonexess

Post by Innonexess » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:44 pm

I voted 3, even though i dont see the idel option for me (which i one scout with, one without).
Instead i'd say one scout only, with the sandman.

Crimson Edge
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Crimson Edge » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:14 pm

I also voted 3, the Sandman can make or break a deadlocked game if in the right hands, instead of just banning it outright, like those damn unadaptable people in the leagues, just limit the scout to 1 so that its isnt a baseball game.

I'd rather see a game where it takes more than an uber to decide its outcome, which the Sandman presents, and combined with a good flamethrower/backburner wielding pyro can be quite devastating.

Sharp Dagger

Post by Sharp Dagger » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Crimson Edge wrote:I also voted 3, the Sandman can make or break a deadlocked game if in the right hands, instead of just banning it outright, like those damn unadaptable people in the leagues, just limit the scout to 1 so that its isnt a baseball game.

I'd rather see a game where it takes more than an uber to decide its outcome, which the Sandman presents, and combined with a good flamethrower/backburner wielding pyro can be quite devastating.
Anything can break a dead lock.
a decent spy can get behind and kill a whole wave
as i just demonstrated

MuG

Post by MuG » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:41 pm

TY for the revote meme, it was very clear that some not involved had tainted the previous poll. Sorry if my previous reply was a bit over aggro :mrgreen:

Taekwon-joe

Post by Taekwon-joe » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:34 pm

I voted 1 again. Im not too sure about it being "over powered" but i think that if its banned from league matches then its probably for the better.

Keasis

Post by Keasis » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:39 pm

The main issue is of course the ability to stun ubers, often wasting a uber-based assault. (most top-tier games resolve around which team has the uber-advantage - being, who gets their uber up before the other team does).

Shortly said, this makes the scout unbalanced. And thus it is destined to the same faith the demo is, cl 1.

Though I myself like a set-up with two scouts, so maybe restrict the sandman to one scout only?

Loud&Clear

Post by Loud&Clear » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

I voted possibly. Sure, it stops ubers, but if the whole game revolves around who gets their uber in first, then the game must be sucking.

Also, compression blasts, if used well, can stop an uber as well.

Also also, what does pug mean?

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 am

I voted possibly as well.

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;