Poll: Should The Sandman be banned? (Don't bother here!)

Oldmeme & Chairman's Saturday night fun and games
oldmeme

Poll: Should The Sandman be banned? (Don't bother here!)

Post by oldmeme » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:18 pm

EDIT: The forums kinda messed up a little sadly here when I tried to start a recount :F Starting up a second thread just to save time and worry.

In the competitive TF2 world, The Sandman is banned because it dramatically changes the game with so few players. Should we abide to this rule in the future also, or will we let it slide?

I ask this because Scout is probably one of the most valuable team members in 6v6 Matches and every team is going to need at least 1.

Arguably, stunning players is pretty tough to work against if the Scout has good aim. And with ten second respawn times, this could really break the game in the right hands.

So what are your takes on it?

Alternatively, we could set up rules about it such as:
  • Class limits of 2 Scouts per team with the Normal bat
  • Class limits of 1 Scout per team with the Sandman
(The second would limit the team to one scout entirely, not 1 Scout with the Normal bat and 1 with the Sandman)
Last edited by oldmeme on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Taekwon-joe
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Poll: Should The Sandman be banned?

Post by Taekwon-joe » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 pm

I think we should ban it. Its a really annoying weapon and I think a scout needs the double jump more anyway.

DragoonKnight
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:09 pm

it was annoying when it was released and it still is, now if only we could get rid of the Force of Nature...
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

FullMetal_old

Post by FullMetal_old » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 pm

1 scout and sandman, it's about how the players style is and should be allowed to use it even if it is annoying. :D

MuG

Post by MuG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Should definately follow the leagues example. they banned it for good reason!
Whoever voted no could you please explain. I see 4 replies to this thread, 3 of them saying yes. So could these idiots who voted no please own up? Seems likely that someone who will not be involved in this at all has cast their useless vote.
Maybe a revote meme? from the people who will actually be participating in this event :Confused:

Doomzor

Post by Doomzor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:38 pm

As a happy sandman user I wouldn't appreciate having it banned, I like the sandman since it's fun to use and gives a lot of versatility and a different way of playing scout. For instance, on tight maps where scout can't abuse the double jump/ scatter gun dps the sandman helps the team, it's great against annoying pyros or against the sitting heavy miles away, and the satisfaction of hitting with the small fast ball is just too great, I admit :P

Still, I understand if it's impact on a 6v6 is just too big and it's banned. On a 6v6 the scout is good already without the sandman.

btw I voted "Possibly. I'd want to see it in the said situation first."
Last edited by Doomzor on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Made a second video from one of our 6v6 pugs, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T333Fs1Z9Ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Innonexess

Post by Innonexess » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

I picked the last option to at least maintain some form of variety between scouts.
I'm all for banning it, but i see it as a tad excessive when we could just only allow only one scout per team to have a sandman.

Mark3h

Post by Mark3h » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I voted no, because being an all talk server, I can hear you all say, "fuck sake I've been bonked".
Its very satisfying.

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Mark3h wrote:I voted no, because being an all talk server, I can hear you all say, "fuck sake I've been bonked".
Its very satisfying.
Wrong server mate, there be no all talk on this one :lol:
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Crimson Edge

Post by Crimson Edge » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 am

I selected no, this is due to the Sandmans original design as a way for a scout to quickly close the distance on opponents in 'target rich enviroments' as well as assisting in pushing back the opposing side by stunning high priority targets such as medics with a charged uber, which can then be killed easier through the use of the scattergun or through another player.

I know that people get annoyed when they constantly get bonked, specially when they have been ubered but thats becuase you become one of the high priority targets due to your temporary immunity.

Without the Sandman the game becomes less about adapting and more about just getting large amounts of ubers out to push easily through anything and everything.