Unleashing the beast!

Oldmeme & Chairman's Saturday night fun and games
oldmeme

Unleashing the beast!

Post by oldmeme » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 pm

Hello one and all! Sit yer arse down here and I'll tell you a tale.

Way back before January, the Kareoke server was used quite often on weekend nights for 6v6, official Valve map, semi competitive matches (commonly refered to as "Pug Matches"). Many of you I'm sure remember this, and also remember it all went a bit arseways after xexes left.
But recently myself and Chairman Meow have come to get our very own server, and want to revive this scheme! As such, we plan to feature Fester's Place community Pug matches every Saturday night (provided we get enough players) up untill the 1st of September, where myself and Chairman will be entering the final year of Secondry school and likely won't get the time for this hub-ub (;__;).

So here are the details:
  • 6v6 Matches on Saturday nights that will last from roughly 8pm/9pm to 11pm/12pm.
  • A new Signup thread will be satarted each week, where you can sign up for the next Saturday match.
  • There will be enough room for six players on each team but also enough room for two subs. If you get subbed, don't be dismayed! The matches are still a blast to watch.
  • Teams will be completely Random and assigned when all eighteen slots have been filled.
  • Maps will be official only maps or ones that we know everyone has as we haven't bought a Fast Download server meaning any new maps will take a very, very long time to download :-?
  • Microphones are not required but are advised. This will be a non-alltalk area within the matches themselves.
  • If you don't have a mic yourself, it might just be easier to follow orders from others with mics if things get hectic.
  • There won't be any heirarchy or such, these will be nice and friendly matches, meaning all are invited :D
  • There will be class limits! This means no more than 1 Medic and 1 Demoman per team and 2 of any other class. Choose wisely!
  • Try to make sure you are avalible for the match in advance. Having someone duck out is sadly quite a pain and slows the match down considerably :(
So if you are interested, sign up and we'll add your name to the hat and get ready for some Saturday night fun \o/ This forum can be used to simply discuss the matches, competitive TF2 or what-not.

Server IP: 94.75.238.53:27015

EDIT: Just waiting on Fester to add a Sign-ups sub forum to add all the sign up threads into.