Festers Custom Signature Bar

For the bits and bobs created by Fester's Place members
Supernova
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Supernova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Current Version: 1.0

For a while I've wanted a different forum signature, one similar to the hlstatsx one:

But a bit more of a personalised.....
So I made one :)

Ladies and gentlefarts I present to you: a new Festers Place signature strip!

Features
* Customisable text - you can put what you want in any of 9 positions on the signature!
* Dynamic background - the background image is chosen by the number of times you choose each class, for example if you pick heavy more often, the heavy image will appear more often!
* The background image will change when you refresh the page and is selected at random from a list of different possible images for each class, so no two people should have the same!
* It doesn't have to be preset data - you can write anything you want!
* All data is up-to-date and accurate! It uses the hlstatsx database!

How Does It Work?
It works just like any other signature picture, you simply edit your profile and paste in the link.

The Easy Way
To create your very own signature, just click this link:
http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/generate.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However, this won't let you add custom text, but you can see how to do that below!
Note that the name that you use can be any name you've used on the server, and the one that shows up is the name that you use most often - for instance if I use "clobbernova", it will still show as Supernova.

The Manual Way
To manually make your own, you must pick what you want to be shown and where you want it to go.
Possible positions are labelled in the image below:

In each of these positions you can put one of the following things:
* Your name - keyword name
* Your kill count - keyword kills
* Your death count - keyword deaths
* Your KPD - keyword kpd
* Your number of points - keyword points
* Your number of headshots - keyword headshots
* Your rank - keyword rank
* Your favourite weapon - keyword favweapon
* Your favourite team (including spectator!) - keyword favteam
* Your favourite victim (person you kill the most!) - keyword favvictim
* Your suicide count (:D) - keyword suicides

All you need to do is copy the following into your signature box:

Code: Select all

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=[YOUR NAME]
Then, put your full name after the equals. If your name has spaces in it, instead of writing a space, write %20. You can also use any other nicknames you use on the server, for instance if I put name=Clobbernova, it will still recognise me as Supernova :) Note: The name displayed is the one you use most often!

Then, you need to decide where you want to put each thing. To add extra text, you need to add

&[POSITION NUMBER]=[KEYWORD]
Onto the end of the address! You can have any keyword from the above list and can have each keyword in more than one position. Note: The ordering does not matter, you can have any position in any order.

You may also have any other text! If you want something a bit more customised, just write anything else where the keywords are! You can write any text in any position as long as it's not too long!
For example:

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=fester&&nine=name&one=Big%20Daddy
Will write "Big Daddy" at position one. Remember to use %20 if there is a space!

Some examples can be seen below:

Just a name:

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=advent&seven=name

Name, KPD, Rank

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=skut&seven=name&eight=rank&nine=kpd

Name, custom text

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=bbloke&seven=name&one=Im%20coming%20for%20you!

Name, favourite victim, favourite weapon, favourite class

http://www.festersplace.com/web/supersigs/?id=angrywolf&seven=name&one=favvictim&two=favteam&three=favweapon

If anybody has some suggestions or finds any bugs please let me know :D

Also, one last thing

How Can I Help?
Supernova needs screenshots! Each one of the background images is randomly chosen from a selection of screenshots that people have given me - the more screenshots I get to turn into backgrounds, the more variation in background images everybody will get :)
Also, if anybody has any comments or suggestions just reply here and I'll try and get things sorted out.

Thanks a lot and good luck :D
Last edited by Supernova on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[tK7]PuBerZ

Re: Festers Custom Signature Bar

Post by [tK7]PuBerZ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Good stuff, I really like it, but I'm split between the ones you have created or this one I've had for quite a while.

Anyway here's mine.

Last edited by [tK7]PuBerZ on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

FoxoF

Post by FoxoF » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:56 am

Sorry but I prefer mine, although yours is pretty nice, taking data from the server stats.

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:58 am

Very nice.
I was wondering where the screenshots were going...

This is mine:
Looks great but the stats page has my rank as 106 and headshots as 126.
(Rank is displayed as 110 and hs 2605 as I write this)

www.festersplace.com/web/novasigtesttemp/index.php?id=indivisible&one=name&two=rank&three=&four=&five=&six=&seven=&eight=kills&nine=headshots
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:15 am

The rank should always be up-to-date, the headshots is actually the total headshots you've ever done on the server, whilst in hlstats they use the number of headshots in the last month.
Should I change it back to the last month, or should I keep it the same? :)

And indivisible yes, I was trying not to say where they were going ;D
If you have any more, lemme know :D

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:23 am

Supernova wrote:The rank should always be up-to-date, the headshots is actually the total headshots you've ever done on the server, whilst in hlstats they use the number of headshots in the last month.
Should I change it back to the last month, or should I keep it the same? :)
I don't think I've even owned the game for much over a month... I really don't think I've gotten 2600 headshots in ~5 weeks.
As for the monthly vs total stats I don't have a preference but just that they all stay consistent. Maybe you could have the option for either??
Supernova wrote:And indivisible yes, I was trying not to say where they were going ;D
If you have any more, lemme know :D
Now that I know what its for I can go through my collection again and pick out some more. Watch this space.

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:43 am

OK, I fixed the bug with the headshots, I oopsidentally was displaying the wrong thing! :D

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Here's a good few more screenies for you. Tried to choose ones with clear views of specific characters and a bit of action.
Link
Have a look through and then come back and tell me what classes you have very few of and I'll see if I can pad the collection.

Also, my rank is still displaying as +4 of what the stats page does. Don't know if you looked at it yet just thought I'd remind you in case.

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I've just updated the generator page ( http://www.festersplace.com/web/novasig ... nerate.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) a little bit with some comments (cheers indivisible ;D) and made a few small changes.

New features:
* In order to prevent server rape, the sigs are cached, this means they will update once per hour - so don't worry if your stats aren't perfectly up to date, and don't worry if the background picture isn't changing all the time :)
* The generator page now has a bit of a more intuitive layout, though it's still ugly.
* Using the generator will *not* cache your sig, so you can play about with it as much as you'd like.
* The generator page now displays what your new sig looks like (should have done that before! :D)
* The piece of text that the generator pastes you when you're finished means that your sig will now be clickable and will lead you to your stats page :)

Still to do:
* Add the screenshots from above
* Let you add custom text in the generator (and subsequently delete the entire "manually" section of the first post)
* Make it look nice

Remember to let me know if you have any problems :D

And indivisible: The rank on your hlstatsx page should only change every day once at 7am (GMT), whilst the one in my sig will be up-to-date, so if your rank has changed since 7am there will be a difference :)

Edit: I've also replaced the images on the first page with static ones, which stops them overwriting certain individuals' sigs with ones I created for demos!

[tK7]PuBerZ

Post by [tK7]PuBerZ » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Love it. :D I'll start using it.