Festers Custom Signature Bar

For the bits and bobs created by Fester's Place members
LazyEagle

Re: Festers Custom Signature Bar

Post by LazyEagle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Hey Bloodblood,

I think that's what happens when you use abnormal characters in your name.

Don't you have a weird squiggly @ sign at the beginning of your name or something?

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 pm

It also only takes some info from the last 28 days AFAIK. Thats why people who haven't been on fro a while have that appear in their sig.

If you haven't been on in a while blood, I'd suggest joining the server for a bit, then trying again.
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Supernova
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Supernova » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 pm

You're both correct, there's both bad handling of strange characters and the hlstats logs are only kept for 28 days, so if you (or the name you searched for) haven't been online in that time it won't find you.

Take out the strange characters in your name and it will be fixed. Either that or search for yourself in the HLStats page and find your player ID and paste that into the name box (yours is 30882).

Note that the font used for writing on the sig probably won't have those characters either and will therefore render squares for bits of your name.

Bloodblood

Post by Bloodblood » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm

LazyEagle wrote:Hey Bloodblood,

I think that's what happens when you use abnormal characters in your name.

Don't you have a weird squiggly @ sign at the beginning of your name or something?
Aw but those are my awesome squiggly things. Don't make me get rid of them. :(
dintbo(aka bosco) wrote:It also only takes some info from the last 28 days AFAIK. Thats why people who haven't been on fro a while have that appear in their sig.

If you haven't been on in a while blood, I'd suggest joining the server for a bit, then trying again.
WRONNNNNG!!!!

I was on Fester's place 4th birthday and Monday night and lol soz couldn't resist.
Supernova wrote:You're both correct, there's both bad handling of strange characters and the hlstats logs are only kept for 28 days, so if you (or the name you searched for) haven't been online in that time it won't find you.

Take out the strange characters in your name and it will be fixed. Either that or search for yourself in the HLStats page and find your player ID and paste that into the name box (yours is 30882).

Note that the font used for writing on the sig probably won't have those characters either and will therefore render squares for bits of your name.
WRONNNNG!!!!!

LOL again soz couldn't resist I tried putting in my ID and HLstats doesn't appear to have any problem with them and neither did the custom sig thing if it has a problem it usually make something that makes it look like BOO Blooblood!. And yes for all ur immature people that does look like BOOB.
I'm still waiting for his first hat other then the Halloween, halo and Bill's hat. :(
MY NEW COMPUTER IS AWESOME!!!! :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Bosco was not wrong. The stats will only consider events (kills etc) in the past 28 days. The problem is that the database doesn't contain a string matching the name "*bloodblood*" and therefore no player matching that criteria who has played in the last 28 days will be found in the sig player search. I am not entirely sure why this is. From what I can tell, the non-ascii characters in your name cause two squiggly bits to be rendered on top of the B. Annoying as the squiggles are, they shouldn't stop the search from finding you.

If you want to be able to search for yourself on the sig generator with the name "bloodblood", change your name to "bloodblood", join the server, then change it back. After that the search should work.

The reason that it looks like "BOO Bloodblood" is exactly as I described above. The squares are rendered because the 'silly characters' that are not found in the ASCII character set and do not exist in the fonts provided. Of the five fonts, only one of them renders the first character and none of them render the others. The reason that HLStats renders it fine is that the fonts you have installed do have those characters.

As a final note, please learn to use punctuation. I am here to try and help, and after already being annoyed by reading the childish and somewhat insulting response, I was further annoyed that I had to decipher your words in order to understand what you were trying to say.

__fell

Post by __fell » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:46 pm

lol nova, give him a fish :P

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 am

Blood, if you want peoples help, that's all good. I'd like to think we're here to help. But you can takre that attitude somewhere else. I don't need, nor do I intend to listen to, some jumped up kid who thinks he knows everything, but still can't use a very simple application.

Speak to admins like that again, either in game or on the forums, and you'll no longer be welcome here.
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Also just to add! if i am away from keyboard, and i aint there to help you with your "forum trouble" there is no need to spam me, i will reply instantly if i can at all.

Coco

Post by Coco » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Fester wrote:Also just to add! if i am away from keyboard, and i aint there to help you with your "forum trouble" there is no need to spam me, i will reply instantly if i can at all.
But...but..... :( :( :(

Fester

Post by Fester » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

@BloodBlood Cooc ;) well really i guess it covers across the board :D if i am away i cant answer or help anyone :D but a quick msg will find out if i am afk or just gone for a piss :P

spam makes me mad.... tastes like poo! :P